cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Email mail box

cantona1966
Just joined

I have had a blueyonder email account for 15 years and the last three days it is inaccessible.

I have had a virgin media account for 15 years also.

Please can you advise what is happening as unless this is sorted within 48 hours I will close my virgin account and move to sky as I need access to it.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cantona1966 wrote:

I have had a blueyonder email account for 15 years and the last three days it is inaccessible.

If you are seeing the message"Your mailbox is unavailable...............try again in an hour" when you try to sign into the account on the Virgin Media website your account may have been locked by Virgin Media  because they have detected a  security issue with the account.

You should follow all the advice here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Resetting your password to something you have never used before (the instructions are in the link) often re-enables the account. However,  post back here if that fails, one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this  forum) will contact you via this forum in a day or so and take a look at the account for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cantona1966,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue gaining access to your emails. We can certainly take a look at things for you. 

In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs