Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Email inbox

lesdownes
Joining in

For the past 8 weeks I'm seeing the oh so helpful error message:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

My understanding has always been that error usually means the email account has been locked by Virgin Media and normally needs attention from VM to re-enable it.

Already called VM 9 times but they haven't rectified the issue in their promised timescale of 4 to 24hrs 

lesdownes_0-1640186037722.png

. Really need to access mailbox as expecting crucial emails from solicitors and travel company. 

Therefore can someone please re-enable my mailbox immediately!

Thanks in anticipation of getting the service I pay for.

5 REPLIES 5

Sololobo
Superstar

Try following the advice given here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

You may be lucky and and it will actually work.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lesdownes,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing some mailbox issues at the moment! We understand that this can be very frustrating. 

I can see that @Sololobo has shared a link with you to see what steps you can take to open up your locked email.

Please follow these steps and let us know if this has helped or if you still need some further assistance. 

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply.

I am still having problems and I still need assistance.

Les

Hi lesdownes, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear things are still not working. 

We can have a further look at things but will need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi lesdownes, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm all is working now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know here. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team