cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Access my Virgin.net Account email account since Wednesday

RB107
Tuning in

Hi

Sorry to be pain, but unfortunately I need access to my virgin.net email account that I have had for over 15 years which worked extremely well until wednesday 30/06/21 in the afternoon. This account contains both personal and business contacts more importantly, it also has all the social services and other care contacts in relation to my elderly mother as I look after her affairs.

I have contacted virginmedia and virginmobile and got sent from pillow to post, I have even been disconnected or the person at the other end of the telephone just simply failed to understand what  required despite outlining the situation upteen times and resetting the password as suggested and I remained locked out of my account.

There are some medical Zoom call coming up next week and I need access to the log in details.

It was also interesting that the system suggested that my virgin email address was already registered here, not unless it was many many years ago.

Can anyone please please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RB107 wrote:

https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html 

In a constant loop even if I change browser.

The mailbox unavailable message usually indicates that the mailbox has been locked by the VM Security team.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to assist you with this and should respond to this thread shortly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

RB107
Tuning in

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RB107 wrote:

The mailbox unavailable message usually indicates that the mailbox has been locked by the VM Security team.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to assist you with this and should respond to this thread shortly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for the reply Graham, I hope someone comes back to me.

R.

Hello RB107

Sorry to hear this has happened

Can I just ask if you are still an active customer with us 

If so I will send you a private message to pass security 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Garth

I have an old Mobile phone PAYG Account with Virgin mobile.

I have replied to you privately via the purple envelope as requested.

R.

Ah therein is the issue. To use any of VM email addresses, you have to have a broadband account with them - having a mobile account isn’t enough.

At some point you must have had a broadband account and once that was stopped, your email should have been deleted within 90 days, often though this doesn’t seem to happen and they linger on in a sort of zombie, living dead mode, until VM run a sweep of old accounts and unceremoniously delete them.

I’m afraid to say that the likelihood is that this email address and all the email within it has either been deleted or is in the process of being deleted.

In some cases it is possible to get a sort of temporary access, but it’s a bit of a long shot and realistically I would assume that this email address and all the email has gone.

Thank you for your reply, but I have been using this account normally until a few days ago.

Yes,I would like the data.

If it was a virginmedia extention I understand the 90 day rule. it wasn't plus no notice was given.

R

Those with old NTL, blueyounder and Virgin.net account were available taken over and ran without broadband attached.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RB107 wrote:

Those with old NTL, blueyounder and Virgin.net account were available taken over and ran without broadband attached.

Unfortunately that is not correct.

Some years ago NTL and Telewest merged and bought out Virgin Mobile.  The company took the name Virgin Media under a licence agreement with the Virgin Group.

Consequently all the legacy domains including virgin.net, ntlworld.com and blueyonder came under the Virgin Media umbrella.

I think that it is best to let this thread be dealt with by the VM staff via private message.