Sorry to hear of the email access issues using Google Chrome. The issue this thread was crested for was resolved a while ago, we would recommend if you haven't already clearing the cookies and the cache from Google Chrome and trying again.
"The issue this thread was crested for was resolved a while ago". Really? Some lucky people might have found a fix (or rather a bodge to hide an incompatibility noone wants to own). But to keep repeating the tedious mantra "clear your cache" to those for whom this does not work is less than helpful
Thus far, you have failed to say which Operating System (and version) you are using – which version of Chrome you are using – and precisely what you have done or not done.
I quote your only informative statement on the subject -
”My access to email via Chrome died whilst I was using it yesterday - a message box appeared at the bottom of the screen saying s"Server Unable". It did not go away and so I tried to log back in later and got the blue screen with the "Connection error. Service Not Available Right Now. RETRY" message reported by others above. The suggested fixes have not worked and I'm desperate.”
1. Have you cleared all cache and cookies
2. How are you connecting to webmail – via the email link on the VM homepage I hope – and not through any long-standing bookmarked link.
3. Do you get “Server Unable” every time you try to access webmail? (I presume you mean UNAVAILABLE and not “Unable” incidentally).
4. Can you access the VM homepage and, say, the BBC homepage without getting Server Unavailable?
5. I presume you are NOT trying to connect with a mobile device over Wi-fi.
If you have done all of the above to no effect, The next thing you will have to do is -
Hi, You are right, it is 'cureable' if you are lucky, and it is about time Virgin took some action to help. Just to let you how mine got sort of cured, I was advised to check that all my Chrome updates were downloaded (which they Weren't) . After I downloaded them I could then gut to my mail on Chrome as long as I removed Trustee Rapport from my extensions. If I put it back on and I try to open my mail again I get the OOOps error again.