Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 71 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: {UPDATE} Unable to access webmail: Error 606

Still can't access my account or email on Chrome - but able to with no problem on Edge.

Come on Virgin, sort it out - why should I have to have two browsers open to deal with an incompatibility you have with Chrome? - I pay you enough so your system should WORK!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 72 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hello mopezone,

Sorry to hear of the email access issues using Google Chrome. The issue this thread was crested for was resolved a while ago, we would recommend if you haven't already clearing the cookies and the cache from Google Chrome and trying again.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 73 of 78
Flag for a moderator

"The issue this thread was crested for was resolved a while ago". Really? Some lucky people might have found a fix (or rather a bodge to hide an incompatibility noone wants to own). But to keep repeating the tedious mantra "clear your cache" to those for whom this does not work is less than helpful
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 74 of 78
Flag for a moderator

@nigel_d

Thus far, you have failed to say which Operating System (and version) you are using – which version of Chrome you are using – and precisely what you have done or not done.

I quote your only informative statement on the subject -

My access to email via Chrome died whilst I was using it yesterday - a message box appeared at the bottom of the screen saying s"Server Unable". It did not go away and so I tried to log back in later and got the blue screen with the "Connection error. Service Not Available Right Now. RETRY" message reported by others above. The suggested fixes have not worked and I'm desperate.”

1. Have you cleared all cache and cookies

2. How are you connecting to webmail – via the email link on the VM homepage I hope – and not through any long-standing bookmarked link.

3. Do you get “Server Unableevery time you try to access webmail? (I presume you mean UNAVAILABLE and not “Unable” incidentally).

4. Can you access the VM homepage and, say, the BBC homepage without getting Server Unavailable?

5. I presume you are NOT trying to connect with a mobile device over Wi-fi.

If you have done all of the above to no effect, The next thing you will have to do is -

(a) Uninstall Chrome

(b) shut down and restart your computer

(c) Install the latest version of Chrome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 75 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi, You are right, it is 'cureable' if you are lucky, and it is about time Virgin took some action to help. Just to let you how mine got sort of cured, I was advised to check that all my Chrome updates were downloaded (which they Weren't) . After I downloaded them I could then gut to my mail on Chrome as long as I removed Trustee Rapport from my extensions. If I put it back on and I try to open my mail again I get the OOOps error again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 76 of 78
Flag for a moderator

@terryR1 

Have you read the Which? assessment of Trusteer Rapport? It's not good.

https://computing.which.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/115005579745-Should-you-use-Trusteer-Rapport- 

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 77 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi BillC45, Thanks for that, I was not aware of the situation. That explains why I get an error message on Chrome every time I try to log in to my mail.

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 78 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terry, that's a very interesting lead. I've often thought Trusteer Raport was rather flakey. I'll investigate further.

0 Kudos