cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO SEND EMAILS FROM NTLWORLD ACCOUNT ON PC AND MOBILE DEVICE

KeithB66
Joining in

Hello 

For quite some time now I have been unable to reply to emails on my PC and mobile devices that are downloaded from my virgin account or send emails from any of these devices.  If I log onto my email account on the virgin site I am able to send emails.

When looking at my mobile phone I have seen this message in the outgoing settings: Connection error 421.  csmtp3tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Virgin Media has blocked your connect IP 86.15.123.144  Too many bad emails have been sent.  Visit https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport Section: Email Sending Errors to request delisting

I tried to visit the suggested link but with no joy.  Is anyone able to help or do I need to set up another account which would be a real pain as I often use my email address as my username.  Also what does it mean by "too many bad emails".

Is anyone able to help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ and:

• select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the error message shown in the curl command output but not the command itself into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

If problem persists then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team however should issue reoccur then consider following the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ and:

• select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the error message shown in the curl command output but not the command itself into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

If problem persists then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team however should issue reoccur then consider following the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

KeithB66
Joining in

Many thanks I will let you know how it goes.

I have tried to send an email today from my phone but unfortunately this did not work.  After taking the action suggested I left it until today to try again to give plenty of time for any action to be taken.  Any other suggestions like should I change my password?

Keith

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond

OK Thank you very much for your help thus far.

Hi @KeithB66,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to use your email service properly on PC or mobile. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I have sent you a private message to further look into this. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

In this case, please try the following link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account

under the tab "How do I set up my Virgin Media email on a device" to see if it can help with setting up your email on the devices.

thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Yes have tried this but still no joy.  Some of the settings were not quite right but amended them as was suggested.  Would it be better to delete these accounts on my PC and mobile and set them up again?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KeithB66

Thanks for the reply

If you can delete them from both accounts and set them up again this could definitely be worth a try, please keep us updated how you get on.

If you've tried everything above I can't see many other reasons as to why the emails aren't working. Do keep us updated.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team