cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK2 Email Forwarding - mail delayed

Geezertronic
Tuning in

Hi.  I use UK2 to forward email from my domain name to my Virgin Media email address so I can have my personal domains into my one email account.  I have been suffering from heavily delayed emails recently when emails are addressed to my personal domains email addresses.  I have proved this by sending test emails to my personal domain email addresses and to my Virgin Media email address direct with the VM email being delivered immediately and the personal domain email addresses being heavily delayed or even missing.

UK2 have advised that I contact Virgin Media as the UK2 mail servers are being grey listed by Virgin Media and that is causing the delays according to the email headers.  Please can you advise who I can discuss this with?

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

You couldn’t make it up 😂

Geezertronic
Tuning in

For info, I am continuing my DM chat with Gareth_L and will update in due course.

Hi,

Mine seems to be working fine since last about Thursday, not sure what happened to some of the mails that were sent over the preceding two weeks.....

Nothing ever goes in my spam folders so perhaps that's why I am Okay

Hi

So following my blip on Saturday, emails sent via UK2.net yesterday (Sunday) and today, appear to be working fine again. Only one message went into spam and the same today. 

Both looked like 'proper spam' as opposed to many emails over the last two weeks that were sent to Spam when they normally would arrive straight into the inbox and or be massively delayed, or possibly never even arriving!

Fingers crossed the problem has been resolved, and it would be very interesting to know what was the root cause of the problem.

Cheers

DougtheSlug

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dougtheslug

Thank you for your reply

Great to hear the problem is resolved, please do keep us updated with how you're getting on so we can know this is resolved once and for all.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Travis_M and @Gareth_L

I would still appreciate feedback as to what has changed to resolve the issue at the Virgin Media end so if this happens again, we know how to direct the issue.  Please can feedback be provided?

Thanks

Hi Geezertronic,

Thanks for the update as confirmation its all okay now.

I did send a few internal emails and didn't get much information back as to what the cause was

I was just advised it being a server issue 

Sorry I cant give any more information

Gareth_L