cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK2 Email Forwarding - mail delayed

Geezertronic
Tuning in

Hi.  I use UK2 to forward email from my domain name to my Virgin Media email address so I can have my personal domains into my one email account.  I have been suffering from heavily delayed emails recently when emails are addressed to my personal domains email addresses.  I have proved this by sending test emails to my personal domain email addresses and to my Virgin Media email address direct with the VM email being delivered immediately and the personal domain email addresses being heavily delayed or even missing.

UK2 have advised that I contact Virgin Media as the UK2 mail servers are being grey listed by Virgin Media and that is causing the delays according to the email headers.  Please can you advise who I can discuss this with?

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

Hi Coenoby

Thanks for the heads up 🙂

The Slug

Hi I am having exactly the same issues as the others with my UK2 forwarding mail which I have been doing to my blueyonder account for nearly 20 years, and had a similar issue back in 2015. Virgin must have changed something a couple of weeks ago.

Following with intrest

Hi Gareth

I am having the exact same problems, please could I be kept in the loop as well.

Thank you

Hi All

So did anything change yesterday, as my emails after midnight have arrived as per normal. What I mean by normal, is constant emails at various times throughout the night and early morning and hardly any spam. Let’s hope it continues like that 🤞

The Slug

I spoke to Gareth via DM and yesterday had examples where a direct email to my VM address was received immediately but the email sent to my personal domain (which UK2 forward to my VM email address) was delayed by 8 hours.

I have tested this just now and both were received immediately so hopefully there will be feedback to suggest if there has been a change at the VM end

I have been having the same issues with UK2 forwarding to Virgin media account, UK2 have tried to adjust settings and have advise to discuss with Virgin on the issues.

As of this morning it looks like it has been resolved as emails come straight through.

Richy

Good news Richy, let’s hope in continues 👍

Thanks for the update 🙂 Glad to hear things appear to be resolved but if there's any further issues, let us know.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

Maybe we spoke too soon, emails from 17:00 today are now all going into Spam folders. Up until 17:00 it all appeared Ok 🤔

Regards

The Slug

I love how every email I receive from Virgin themselves goes into the spam folder 🤣