Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble setting up additional account

Jonesey
Dialled in

Hi all

I am the account holder and my email works perfectly

My wife also has an email address which she has been using for years.

For some reason, the Mail shortcut had disappeared from her tablet (Samsung Galaxy) so I tried to set it up again but it kept on saying "Authentication error"

So I accessed my Virgin Media account, deleted her old address and set up a new one

It then says "The invite has been sent to (the address I added) and for her to check her emails.

How can she check ger emails when she doesn't have access to her email?

I have tried several old passwords, none of which work, and when adding the email address it doesn't ask for a password

Any ideas anyone?

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jonesey  Unfortunately by deleting your wife's secondary email account from your My Virgin Media account you have landed in a bit of a pickle.  Since May 2022 VM no longer allow new or existing customers to set up new viginmedia email addresses.  The process that you have gone through is simply there to allow a third party email address to be used to create a secondary My Virgin Media account.  These do not include an email facility.

If the VM Forum Team pick this up quickly they may be able to get the deleted email address reinstated.  They will post here when they reach this thread and will ask you for details via a private message exchange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jonesey

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum regarding your secondary email account issues, we're eager to get this looked into further for you and I will send you a Private Message to get some details from you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for this

You can contact me any time that's convenient 

Colin