Menu
Kezzelino
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Trouble deleting my hacked VM.com email account

Hi there,

I left VM about 3 years ago but retained my VM.com email. I assumed it would delete automatically but it didn't. I put an auto forward to my new email address and forgot all about it. I could still access it from my phone. Just before Christmas I started to receive mailer deamon messages indicating that my VM account had been hacked and was sending all sorts of spam and potentially malicious messages. In recent days people from my contact list (including my boss!) have been contacting me to ask if I have sent them strange emails. The hackers seem to be replying to messages sent to me 3 years ago asking people to click on links etc. 

Its the first time this has happened to me so it is a bit alarming. I phoned up VM but was told they cannot delete email accounts and they should be auto deleted within 6 months of leaving. The only advice they gave was to change my password. But I can't access my VM account anymore. It doesn't recognise my username. 

Any advice gratefully received.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trouble deleting my hacked VM.com email account

Hello

If you wait a VM staff member will pick up the post and help you to get the email address deleted.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Kezzelino

Thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email and want to get this resolved. 

We will send you a private message. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Kezzelino
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks DJ Shadow. I am now in touch and hopefully will get this sorted soon and stop annoying my boss with strange emails!

0 Kudos
Redlinexyzzy
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Posted in error

0 Kudos