Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble accessing email

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We're aware some of you are having trouble accessing webmail currently.

We're investigating the problem, but in the meantime we'll need to re-enable your mailbox. If you need urgent access to your mailbox, please contact us via our messaging service, by texting 07533 051809.

Alternatively, you can call us on 0345 454 1111, though we are currently experiencing high volumes.

If the request is less urgent, please post below and we'll aim to get that done for you within 48 hours. Please don't post your email address to the public thread, we'll be in touch to confirm all the relevant details.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

81 REPLIES 81

UPDATE!!!

SORRY - typing not my forte - last post should have read the issue is NOW sorted!!!

PaulR520
Tuning in

Yes, I do badly need my Mailbox.  Please reinstate.  NB:  One support person did a password reset but this was not effective.

Hi PaulR520,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Anybody want to feel sorry for my issue as well ?  Two weeks with no email access now with various messages of we're working on it.  

Please anybody who knows what's really going on with this email fiasco ?   @virginmedia.com 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried the text route explained in post 1?  The issue requires a staff member to get your mailbox unlocked.  Due to the current situation there are fewer staff on the forum at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep , thanks for the direction's G. Fully aware of the impact Covid-19 is having on customer services. Going to keep trying all avenues to resolve my email login problem. Struggling to get any acknowledgement of a resolve from any channel over the last several days. We have had a number variously worded update auto responses, shame really because you think it's light at the end of the tunnel on it's way but back to square one every time.
Once again thanks for the guidance to date G.

Piggy50
Tuning in

Please can you re-enable one of my secondary emails please.  I have been receiving the 'mailbox not available at the moment' for the past week.  I have tried changing the password to no avail. 

Your advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks

PeterDD
Tuning in
Have been trying the 1111 number but even so, there is no option to discuss email problems. It seems to deal only with landlines and mobiles problems. My email has been down for 30+hours now and my business needs it.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PeterDD wrote:
Have been trying the 1111 number but even so, there is no option to discuss email problems. It seems to deal only with landlines and mobiles problems. My email has been down for 30+hours now and my business needs it.

Email issues come under the Broadband option on the phone system, then option 2 'Fault or technical help'

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

andyd9
Joining in

Hi,

I can't access my Virgin email account. When I click on the link I have saved or when I try clicking on the email tab on the website, all I get is 3 scrolling dots i.e. I'm not getting the sign in boxes. It has been like this for a couple of days.

I note that my broadband speed has been automatically increased in the last couple of days. I wonder if this could be connected to the problem. Prior to this I could access my email account without any problems. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance