Menu
dante01
Well-informed
Message 21 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: d ask Virgin Media

I'm starting to get annoyed now (again).

Spoke with a second tier representative of the broadband team and she cannot even comprehend what it is I want doing. Kept having to explain that I want a move and transfer of an old email account from a closed account to my new account and that I want the old email address to become the primary email for the new account. She kep going on about being able to still access the ntlworld account. I then had to explain that yes, I can still access it, but this isn't the issue. She also was unable to comprehend that the old email will be deleted 90 days after the date the old My Virgin Media account was closed and insisted that no email accounts are closed if they are not used within a 90 day period. I don't want or need any of this non helpful information and simply want the old ntlworld email account moved and transferred to my current My Virgin Media account and for it to be regarded as the primary email for that account.

I've no idea what it says on the ticket, but it is obviously not conveying what I want doing.

She has passed responsibility onto the IT team so I'm now reliant upon a team I cannot converse with. I now have approximately 6 weeks remaining to have this resolved before the old account will be deleted. This sound like a long time, but it took Virgin Media nearly 7 weeks to sort out me not being able to register a new My Virgin Media account online. It would help if I could simply converse with somone who understands what it is I'm wanting to be done.

If someone here could check the ticket for me and ensure that it is requesting the my old ntlworl email be moved and transferred to my new My Virgin Media account and for i to be then used as the primary email then this would be very helpful. It should be noted that there was a new virginmedia.com address created during registration of the new account, but this can be disregarded, deleted and replaced by the old ntlworkd address.

Highlighted
dante01
Well-informed
Message 22 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: d ask Virgin Media

I believe this issue may have been resolved for me by the forum team member @David_Bn after he responded to a post I made here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Transferring-an-email-account/m-p/4052621#M178141

He also suggested the process should take a maximum of 24 hours to be implemented/completed after the Move and Transfer process has been initiated, but also suggested I give it until Tuesday due to the bank holiday tomorrow.

Thanks to David_Bn for all his help.