cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer email address to new account holder

Debmiller
Tuning in

Hi,

VM was my sons account. He has now moved out  and I have taken the contract out in my name. Is there anyway I can get the email addresses that were registered to his account transferred over to mine? (mine and the rest of the family are registered to the account that was closed yesterday). My new contract started today Permission from him won’t be an issue.
thanks in advance

(please don’t point me in the direction of 150 as trying to get help there is virtually impossible- 4 phone calls today, 2 I got cut off whilst apparently being ‘transferred’ 1 struggled to understand and the  forth time there was no reply. I gave up ! 55 minutes in total) 

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately for you this is not possible.  For a 'Move and Transfer' to take place both the old and the new account have to be in the same account holders name.

You have up to 90 days access to the existing email addresses before they are deleted by Virgin Media.  VM Webmail access will be the first to go but access via a third party email application should work for the full 90 days and possibly beyond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Debmiller, it may be worth speaking to your son to call us on 0345 454 1111 / 150 to change the E-Mail address on his account to help you manage at your property - this action can only be done by the account holder.

Alternatively, he can cancel the account at your property in his name and this would then allow you to sign up for our services as a new customer

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David_bn

i think you misunderstand, my sons contract has ended and I have now taken out a contract in my name. The email addresses were attached to his account and I want to keep them if possible. 
Can this be done?

thank you

Debbie 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It would need to be in the same account holders name for this to take place Debbie - I am sorry for any inconvenience caused here. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks Ryan.  Shame though assume of the  email addresses were also NTLworld.  Guess I have to change my addresses with everyone now then 😩