cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Dinesh

Donacler
Joining in

Am still having problems accessing my email account.  For some reason my mail box becomes inaccessible on a daily basis and I need to reset the password.  If I do it too often the mailbox gets locked (understandably/a security concern).  That said today when I rang the helpline Dinesh was particularly helpful, and if I'd been asked for feedback would have got a 10.  Fingers crossed it is a permanent fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Donacler,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

Are you needing help with your email? I am slightly confused with what you have posted here. 

Please let me know 🙂

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Donacler,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

Are you needing help with your email? I am slightly confused with what you have posted here. 

Please let me know 🙂

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

Unfortunately I am still having problems - i cant access my virginmedia mail box again today.  It might work changing the password, otherwise I'll be ringing the helpline later.  This has been happening on an almost daily basis for last two weeks ......  Am not sure what to do?

Advice appreciated

Claire

Hi Donacler,

Thank you for that information. To confirm have you been able to reset your password to see if this helps?

^Martin

Hi  there,

I reset the password yesterday and managed to access my emails, but it's gone down again today.  I managed to send one email before it went down.  I think it has something to do with accessing my emails on a Microsoft computer loaded with Outlook, but then again it worked for two years without any problems?

...... I reset the password on Monday, got access to my mailbox, and today the same thing has happened.  I managed to send one email, and then I cant get access again.  I will ring 150 but they will probably just change the password for me even though I have said this has happened almost daily for the last two weeks.  Is there something I should be requesting ...

All help appreciated

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Donacler

Thanks for the post!

Have you spoken to our team already after posting this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Fingers crossed, virginmedia did some work in my area yesterday, and so far my email is working normally/have not had to change my password or ring the help desk.  I am touching wood as a type but thank you!

Hi Donacler, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread. 

I'm glad to hear that things are working for you again. Just as a side note, when resetting the password always make sure you are changing it to one that you've never used before. If you do use one that's already been used, it may cause the mailbox to lock again. 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let us know.

Tale care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I had a whole day yesterday with access to my mail box, but unfortunately it's just gone again.  Will try changing the password again, and will think of another new one/one that hasn't been used before, and if this fails ring 150 ....   I really would like a longer term fix though - any ideas?