cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary SMC Policy Violation detected

JennyCide
On our wavelength

Hi,

Since yesterday I've had 8 messages undelivered to me getting bounce backs as "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"

Each has had "Temporary SMC Policy Violation detected...(in reply to end of DATA command)"

I use a catchall address for anythingIwant@mydomain.com and everything gets delivered to my virgin email address.  This system has been in place since ntlworld days and nothing has changed on my end.  The messages seem to pass dkim, spf and dmarc and are from a variety of individuals and companies so there is no consistency as to which ones get bounced.

Any help in making sure that I receive all of my emails would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @JennyCide,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your email at the moment, please could you try to change your email password and see if the same issue happens again.

I'm hoping that this will refresh the connection to your email server and resolve the issues, if this doesn't happen, we can then look into this further with the team.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Reset my password yesterday but still getting these lost/undelivered mails - had another 3 today that I'm aware of - each one sent from and to a different address.  All "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"  with "Temporary SMC Policy Violation detected, retry later... (in reply to end of DATA command)"

I've seen some historical threads here that mention that Virgin had to do something to do with spam greylisting and th eCloudmark servers but can't see any definitive resolution - again, nothing as changed on my end but this is still happening.  I've just found out that I missed an important email about a job offer so really do need this sorted if possible.

cheers

Thank you for keeping us update JennyCide.

We can certainly take a further look into this for you. 

To be able to do this we will need to pass some data protection. 

I will private message you to do this. 

^Martin

It's been over a month now and still getting multiple lost/bounced/returned emails every day.  I'm in the process of job interviews and applications and having to sort out legal issues for elderly relatives so this is just adding to the stress as we don't know what emails are being lost.  

Sorry for anyone finding this thread looking for an answer - I'm just being told 'we'll look at it'

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JennyCide,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. I can see that you're currently chatting to one of our staff members over Private Message. 

They will come back to you as soon as possible and help find a resolution for your ongoing query. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs