cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for blueyonder.co.uk

RichardFG
Joining in

I am a former NTL customer who became a Virgin media customer following their takeover of NTL.  As a result I have an old @blueyonder.co.uk email account.  I have used this email account for 15+ years.  Two years ago I moved to an area not served by Virgin Media cable and as a result no longer have an account with Virgin Media.  Recently my Blueyonder email account has been subject to a hack in which it appears the hacker has succeeded in resetting my password thus blocking my access to it.  All methods of accessing my Blueyonder account point me to Virgin Media, as owner of the domain.  However as I no longer have a VM account, I can't use these routes.  I have called the VM support line and been told that they have no tools to recover the email account.  I pointed out to the operative that VM remains the owner of the Blueyonder domain, and that all my on-line research into potential solutions points to VM.  Despite this he continued to claim VM can be of no help.  He eventually provided me with an alternative phone number for technical support - which turns out to be an invalid number.  Can anyone advise me who to speak to to get help with Blueyonder, please?  Or any other possible solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Continued use of a blueyonder email address as with any Virgin media email address requires it to bo tied to an active VM broadband account.

Your blueyonder email address should have been shut down 90 days after leaving.  Unfortunately this often does not happen and the account continues until finally caught by a sweep of orphaned accounts.  This is probably what has happened here.  The VM Forum Team staff should be able to check the exact status when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Continued use of a blueyonder email address as with any Virgin media email address requires it to bo tied to an active VM broadband account.

Your blueyonder email address should have been shut down 90 days after leaving.  Unfortunately this often does not happen and the account continues until finally caught by a sweep of orphaned accounts.  This is probably what has happened here.  The VM Forum Team staff should be able to check the exact status when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham.  I guess it could just be coincidental and my account was shut down shortly after I was hacked.  However the hack was material - hacker sent email to me off the account stating my old VM/Blueyonder password, plus there is no sign that emails still being sent to the account are being bounced back.  So my suspicion is it's still active.  I hope the VM Forum team will be able to check its status.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried to change the password using the forgotten password link from the email sign in page?  It may work if the security questions are still valid.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello RichardFG

Thanks for your post

Sorry about the hacked email account 
To save you having to explain this over again 
I can look into this with you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello Richard 

Sorry for the delay 

I have had to request for this email account to be closed 

Its currently locked due to the suspicious emails and activity 

It can take around 7-10 days 

You can check if its still active here 

Gareth_L