cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly unable to access my @virgin.net email without warning

robCMK
Joining in

Good morning. I have never had a ‘virgin media’ account as such being a (paying) legacy e-mail only customer for many years. This week (15th Feb 23) my devices started asking me to input my virgin.net password. This was to no avail and any attempts to change the password and/or log-in are proving futile. I am at my wits end as my whole life exists in this email address. I see (only by looking today) that you have ceased collecting the £23 a month you used to to retain this service. I have had no warning. Please tell me how to reinstate access to this inbox. I am danger of losing cherished memories / photos etc of kids growing up, friends and relatives no longer with us and am deeply troubled. I cannot get through by phone and WhatsApp is only responding with formulaic AI responses. I will pay/join any VM service necessary in order to reinstate access to my @virgin.net email.

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

According to the standard reference on this (link below), those email addresses should have been closed long ago if you are not a VM broadband customer. 

It's just possible that a staff member may pick this up and offer to help, but be prepared for disappointment. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey robCMK,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your Virgin.net email address. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

jem101
Superstar

@robCMK wrote:

Good morning. I have never had a ‘virgin media’ account as such being a (paying) legacy e-mail only customer for many years. This week (15th Feb 23) my devices started asking me to input my virgin.net password. This was to no avail and any attempts to change the password and/or log-in are proving futile. I am at my wits end as my whole life exists in this email address. I see (only by looking today) that you have ceased collecting the £23 a month you used to to retain this service. I have had no warning. Please tell me how to reinstate access to this inbox. I am danger of losing cherished memories / photos etc of kids growing up, friends and relatives no longer with us and am deeply troubled. I cannot get through by phone and WhatsApp is only responding with formulaic AI responses. I will pay/join any VM service necessary in order to reinstate access to my @virgin.net email.

What I am struggling to understand here is the statement that you have been a paying legacy email-only customer for ages. The problem is that VM have, never, ever offered this as a service and even if they did, the sum of £23 per month is ridiculously excessive, so I do wonder what it is you have been paying for all this time?

The only, only way to retain a VM branded email address is to be a current broadband subscriber, you are not and hence I’m sorry to say, but I honestly believe that all of your email has now been deleted.

Which does leave the question of what you have been paying for, could it be that you had been misinformed (and by misinformed, I mean outright lied to) by customer services in the past? This £23 a month, can you find out when it stopped being collected, indeed was if ever being collected and wasn’t just a made-up figure?

We need more information.