cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly unable to access Mailbox (email).

Tuning in

Whilst using my email and changing folders suddenly get logged out and received the following message 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment'.

Rang Virgin helpline who was unable to help and said she would raise a ticket. When I asked for the ticket details she said it would be forwarded to me separately on an email. No email forthcoming.

Had a similar incident earlier this year with being locked out of my email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@0685  The first thing to try is following the instructions set out here: Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847

Is this affecting the same Virgin.net email address that you were having problems with in August?  It isn't clear from that previous thread if the email address concerned was successfully moved to your current VM broadband account or not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@0685  The first thing to try is following the instructions set out here: Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847

Is this affecting the same Virgin.net email address that you were having problems with in August?  It isn't clear from that previous thread if the email address concerned was successfully moved to your current VM broadband account or not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi Graham 

Thanks for your response.

This is the same email I was having problems with in August.

Its the same account (account live, bill paid et al) same everything.
I was using using my email account and went to another folder (Draft Folder I think) when suddenly had this notice appear: Your mailbox is not available at the moment. 
Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

Thanks and Kind regards
Robin

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you gone through steps set out in the link I provided?

Hi Graham Scan is in progress will advise when finished.

Thanks & regards

Good morning
Followed the instructions - Full scan with no issues - however, still no access to mailbox.

Is this affecting the same Virgin.net email address that you were having problems with in August?  Yes it is the same virgin,net email address.
I was already on Virgin media when the earlier issue happened.

Thanks & kind regards

Hi 0685

Were you able to change the password to it and retry accessing the mailbox? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

Apologies am unable to find anywhere were to change my password? All I seem to find is a lost password link?

Have retried my email login and unable to access Mailbox (email).

I have also noted that when I try to look at 'Manage my Account' page and 'My Profile' page I get 'Ooops something is broken notification on my screen?

Thanks & regards

Hi 0685, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Apologies to hear you've not been able to update the password. We can help further with this but we will need to pass data protection with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs