cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly lost access to Blueyonder.co.uk email

Keith12321
Just joined

Hello,

I have had an old style blueyonder.co.uk email since I registered with Virgin Media many years ago, and I primarily use this email address for business matters, so it is of great importance and urgency.

As of around a week ago, I have not been able to gain access to my emails. I have logged onto my Virgin account to try and change the password in the 'Manage Accounts' section, however, the old email address is not listed and I only have a new virginmedia.com email listed which I received in 2015. There is no option to add a blueyonder address as a secondary account; hence, I am unsure how to move forward with this matter and do not know how to gain access to my emails. When I try to access the email tab via the Virgin home page, I receive a message that my mailbox is unavailable.

Can anyone help with this matter?

Kind regards,

KeithCapture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Keith12321  It sounds very much as if your blueyonder email address is in the category of orphaned account, that is not connected to a current VM broadband account.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to investigate and advise further when they reach this thread in a day or so.

They will respond here and probably contact you via Private Message to clear security.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Keith12321,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with accessing your email account recently. To confirm, do you also have broadband services with us, or just email?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!