cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly getting a huge amount of spam via my vm accounts - specifically from supposed McAffee ???

Northwinds
On our wavelength

Same here - only getting this on my 2 blueyonder emails.

12 REPLIES 12

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Northwinds,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with spam.

You can find information regarding this here

Alex_Rm

Wow! That's a huge non answer!!!!

To be honest it was the hastle of changing these emails that have kept me a loyal vm customer all these years!

I guess if you're not willing to fix this I'll have to start moving to my gmail and look for another ISP!

Hi Northwind

There is a thread above running to 37 pages but, to be honest, the outcome is exactly as you’ve seen here. 

I have not seen a single response from a VM employee either apologising, or explaining what has happened or what they are going to do. 

Yep - seems they really don't give a **bleep** about losing paying customers!

Hopefully with all these broadband updates digging up the streets there will be some real competition soon!

Time to start devolving my vm email addresses!

Turns out most of these are now coming from a domain "newstim.it" 

I'm not sure if I did it right but I tried applying a rule for everything from *@newstim.it - should that work?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm not an expert on the filters to be honest but I think that should do the trick - let us know if they still continue to come through once the filter is set up. 

I do appreciate this will be frustrating and I'm sorry there's not more we can do to help directly.

Tom 

The same senders (offering a variety of vouchers from the likes of Lidl, Amazon etc) seem to have dropped the domain 'newstim.it' and are now using '123box.net'. I have tried a number of configurations in email filters with no success.

Thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums @Humblestrummer.

Are these mails going into your main mailbox or spam folder?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yep - I'm getting these again several times a day - into my main folder!