Menu
Paul12367890
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Suddenly can’t log in

I signed upto a virgin email for 20 years before broadband etc. It has been in constant use since. Yesterday, I could not log in. I could not even change password as it didn’t even recognise answers to security questions. 
Can somebody please explain what is going on? Covid is hard enough and I am struggling with work and depression and I need access to my email account. Thank you. Please help

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suddenly can’t log in

Hello

Are you still a broadband customer with Virgin media if not then you don't have the entitlement to use a virgin media email address and all the VM staff can do is too make sure the account is deleted.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul12367890
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I signed up 20 years ago before Broadband existed. Been in constant use Since. Have important documents, history, contacts etc etc and need to at least retrieve all this if the account is in process of deleting. This is appalling if it is being deleted without any warning.  Can somebody from IT please contact me urgently.... !!!!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The forum staff will take several days to get to the post if you need quicker support you can call, but the answer will not change.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Paul12367890
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If this account is being deleted without warning I need you to STOP, unlock and allow me to retrieve all my data held in this account. Please can somebody from Customer service do something to help me. I need all the help I can get after this Covid crisis to help get me back on my feet. If my email is deleted without warning or any access to retrieve I’m finished in business.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As a temporary way to regain access to your orphaned account you could try entering the security answers in all Upper Case letters or all lowercase.

This has been known to work for some old accounts when using the forgotten password route.

If this works you should take immediate steps to backup all your emails and contact details to an offline location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul12367890,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues accessing your email. If this is a email was a standalone mailbox that is not linked to an account. It may have been deleted, unfortunately, but I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Paul12367890,

I had sent you a private message to check you account's email. Are you able to reply?

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos