Menu
cresser
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still no email?

Hi,

I have had no email facility for three days now  and despite trying to call 150, I never get through and when I do I get cut off. All I want to find out is how to get my email up and running again - and I`m getting nowhere fast!. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no email?

Can you access your email via webmail? If using an email client check settings match those given here: Email Settings

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you explain:

Whether your using webmail (through a browser) or an email program such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
What happens when you try to access your email (include any error messages verbatim)

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

cresser
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for replying. All I keep getting is a box asking for my username and password, I do this but this box keeps reappearing. An `ERROR No: 0x800ccc92 ` is given - I have no idea what this means. Creeser.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Based on the error code it looks like you are using a Microsoft mail client.  It would be useful to know which one.

However the error code appears to indicate the username or password is incorrect.  It may be that Virgin Media have detected suspicious activity and locked out the old password.

I would go to mail.virginmedia.com and use the forgotten password process to change your password.  When you click the link you will be taken to a page asking you for a security question.  In SOME cases this neds to be entered in all upper case so If you have trouble with it, give it a try in different cases.

Note:  You SHOULD make sure you change to different password to the one you used previously.

cresser
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

STILL no email???????

It is now 4 days since my email `service?` stopped, and despite contacting Virgin three times I am still no nearer getting this fixed. This is not good enough. Even when I manage to get through to Virgin, on two occasions I was cut off and had to start again, only to be given the same old "It will be resolved tomorrow..........." But it has not been.

This is a crap service and I am now looking to switch because I have had enough of this happening every few months and getting little help from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: STILL no email???????

I take it you didn't read my post then?

Tim