cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 500-internal server error

andya2
On our wavelength

2 nights ago the font size on virgin email became much smaller..my face is now a few inches from monitor in order to be able to read it, and I am unable to restore to normal .

At the same time,another fault occurred. Replies to messages which I have received, are not being sent.

I have an @ntlworld.com.address.  I ran a test, and received the message, "HTTP STATUS 500-INTERNAL SERVER ERROR". Can anyone tell me how this issue can be resolved please?

andya2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andya2
On our wavelength
Coenoby, Thank you so much for your kind assistance. I changed my browser from Edge to Chrome, and I'm pleased to say that Font Size is now back to normal, Greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
andya2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andya2 wrote:

the font size on virgin email became much smaller...... and I am unable to restore to normal .

On the face of it that sounds as if the zoom setting has changed in your browser. Have you tried adjusting that back to 100%

If not, which browser are you using? Chrome, Firefox, Edge or something else? 

I ran a test, and received the message, "HTTP STATUS 500-INTERNAL SERVER ERROR".

That could also be a problem in your browser. Try opening your email account in a "Private" or "Incognito" window and running that test again. Here is how to do that

To access private browsing mode in Chrome click the menu button in the upper-right corner of the browser window. Then, select New incognito window.

To access private browsing mode in Firefox on Windows click the menu button in the upper-right corner of the browser window. Then, select New Private Window.

To access private browsing mode in the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge on Windows click the menu button in the upper-right corner of the browser window. Then, select New InPrivate Window.

Try that and post back with hoe you get on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

andya2
On our wavelength
Coenoby, Thank you so much for your kind assistance. I changed my browser from Edge to Chrome, and I'm pleased to say that Font Size is now back to normal, Greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
andya2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andya2 wrote:
Thank you so much for your kind assistance. I changed my browser from Edge to Chrome, and I'm pleased to say that Font Size is now back to normal,

Good to hear you have a work around, thanks for that update,

However, if you would like to go back to using Edge you could try these suggestions.

1) Reset the zoom setting in Edge by signing into your email account in Edge, then click on the 3 dots top right  (...). In the drop down menu you will see

"Zoom          --   xx%   +"   Just click on the  + sign to increase the font size to whatever is comfortable, probably 100%.

2) To resolve the "500 - internal server error" try clearing all Virgin Media Cookies and the cache in Edge. Do that by:

1. Open Microsoft Edge and select "Settings" (you may have to scroll down the list to see that) and then  "Privacy, search, and services" in the next menu
  2. Under "Clear browsing data", select "Choose what to clear".
  3. Select "Cookies and other site data," and "cached images and files" and then select "Clear now".

The test again to see if VM email now behaves normally in Edge,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

andya2
On our wavelength
Coenoby
WOW!! Once more, my sincere thanks to you. I can now run Virgin Media email using EDGE, and the "500-Internal Server Error" has cleared too.
Once more, many thanks and Best Wishes to you.
Kind regards
andya2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andya2 wrote:
I can now run Virgin Media email using EDGE, and the "500-Internal Server Error" has cleared too.

That's great. I'm pleased to hear that. 😀

Now you know where to come if you have any more issues with VM.

Coenoby

andya2
On our wavelength
"I'm a Very Insightful Person"......you certainly are that!
"I don't work for Virgin Media"....well they need to wake up and offer you a position...with a high salary of course!!
Kudos
andya2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andya2 

Thank you for that but you've made me feel embarrassed now.

By the way, the "Very Insightful Person" thing is just a rank on the Forum, it's not how I would describe myself. That rank used to be called "Super User" which is a bit less embarrassing.

Coenoby

andya2
On our wavelength

There is no need to feel embarrassed, because you helped me enormously.. Without your help, I would be sitting reading email with binoculars.😊

I am in my 80's, and first had a pc in 2000. This was for my retirement hobby of flight simulation. Without Google and clever folks like you, offering help on various forums, I would never have been able to carry on doing anything on the pc.

What I was really thankful for, was the fact that you gave me clear instructions on how to resolve the problems. Often, members on forums assume that everyone will have a basic understanding of how to navigate the paths to finally "click this or that", and the issue is resolved.

However, every day is a "school day", and as I spent half my working life repairing electrical faults, I have the tenacity to keep plodding on. Funny thing is, the more I learn, the more I realise I don't know very much at all...if that makes sense.

Kind regards

andya2

Thank you again, "Super User"