cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoof reward offers

jeffinbath
Tuning in

I am currently getting inundated in my Virgin email by scam offers of spoof “rewards” from well known brands (including Virgin Media) .  These are all being sent from an address “ @123box.net”. The email Blacklist facility is utterly useless at blocking this onslaught because it simply will not allow one to blacklist ONLY the bit after the @ sign. The problem being of course that the required full address is infinitely variable before the @sign. Is there anything that I can do about this please? (Other than leaving the Virgin email system which I been using for about 20 years.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It looks like you can set up a filter through webmail for a whole domain and have the action as 'discard' or filter it directly into the trash 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It looks like you can set up a filter through webmail for a whole domain and have the action as 'discard' or filter it directly into the trash 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Sololobo
Superstar

Try out the Single Multi-spam Filter  created by @boothy99 and described in post #14 in the thread here:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Email-Filter-Syntax/m-p/4140622/highlight/true#M1...

While originally posted in January 2020 there should be no reason to believe it won't still be effective.

As noted, add your own entries to suit your own circumstances. In your case that would be the addition of |@123box.net

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Sorry to hear that jeffinbath

Have you followed the advice above by @Sololobo

Gareth_L

Hi, the clue to these getting through seems to be the very very small text hidden in the body,
Here is an example:-

Your FBBVWPQFOZZV Portal !
received this mail in error or need You will be asked ZGLRWHSYTGQE Portal with the link below:
username: adameccles@talktalk.net dfhd: 97IP-4IKJ-J4Q4-T0HE6

Please use the following one to change your fdhwhen logging in for the first time.
[google.com]
time fghto access the If you have assistance please contact our support team.

There are those who know more than I as to what can be done over this. This has various e-mail addresses in the first paragraph ( including mine ) on occasion. I may be wrong but I am assuming the key to this stuff getting through is located in these??

and yes, I have used the very useful advice above but they still seem to sneak through 😟