cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam

shamick59
Dialled in

Have Virgin turned off their spam filters?  I am getting so much spam in my ntlworld account. Don’t get anything on my gmail account  Any suggestions on how to stop this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikeyh68
Dialled in

Makes no difference at all - there are so many posts about this excessive spam - email is becomming unusable . They just ignore the posts - absolute worst email out there .

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

36 REPLIES 36

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, shamick59,  

Sorry to hear of the increased SPAM, have you updated the SPAM and filtering settings? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-spam-settings

Cheers,

Corey C

Yes have done this but makes no difference

mikeyh68
Dialled in

Makes no difference at all - there are so many posts about this excessive spam - email is becomming unusable . They just ignore the posts - absolute worst email out there .

iantos
On our wavelength

Completely agree.

Ntlworld gets a dozen or so Spam emails a day and Gmail gets zero.

Applied loads of filters, checked the settings and blacklisted every Spam message sender.

Waste of time, why has it only started in the last month?

So far I've had thirteen today.  One day last week I was overwhelmed with so many i was unable to use my email. It is just getting stupid.  Why can't Virgin put a stop to these?

Its ridiculous I have now had 32 just today  I have blocked them or  sent them to spam and I think that just makes it even worse

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @shamick59,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see the issue with spam emails.

Please do change all your passwords and block and emails that look suspicious, there is nothing more we can really do regarding a spam email going out to customers. I understand it is frustrating but please do try to ignore these emails and hopefully enjoy the rest of your day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

How on earth can you say there is nothing you can do - you can see from the many posts this has only started over the last couple of weeks so something has happened your end not ours .

sort it out and stop passing the buck back to your customers !!!!!!!!

Really, I can’t believe your comment. This is a service you offer to your customers. Gmail doesn’t seem to have this issue? Blocking emails makes no difference. How many times do I change my password - daily perhaps!  Your reply is an insult!!