Menu
lewisp91
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spam on ntlworld.com

Hi

Anyone know of a proven way to stop spam? I have blocked sent to junk and forwarded to report@phishing.gov.uk hundreds of random mail address spam. Can i get the email changed maybe?

E.g fzblbif@catac.giordlands.com B T C 

Always an image with graphical text so you can't search for obvious words

Link is to entiicial.com

I can't make a filter as there's no pattern

My Gmail account has NO spam.

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam on ntlworld.com

Take a look at this thread, especially discussion on page 14/15. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Daily-Spam-re-Norton-Mcafee/td-p/4501578

A VIP has said that Google has greater resources to tackle spam that VM. I presume the VIP knows. Even so, I would have thought VM could do more, especially when the type of spam is known andobvius.

If the Spam continues to build from stream to tsunami, it will hardly be good for VM's image or business, even though VM does not regard e-mail as a high priority.

0 Kudos
DaveW96
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Look up "My spam solution". It is working fine as others confirm.

lewisp91
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's been working for several days now! I don't even see these spam mails any more, they don't even appear in the junk folder. I am intrigued how this works....

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
lewisp91
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah worked for a few days now has stopped and I'm getting all the **bleep** spam as before....

0 Kudos
lewisp91
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still getting B T N etc spam

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lewis91, 

Thanks for using the forums to get help with your spam problem, I am sorry if its been causing some frustration. However I am glad the suggestion from DaveW96 has worked well for you 🙂

I have a link here - Phishing Help - which gives you loads of useful information on how to combat spam emails.

You can also forward these emails to phishing@virginmedia.co.uk which will go to our phishing team, they will flag the email as spam, helping the servers stomp out these email addresses. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos