cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam in local Sent folder of Thunderbird

RogerJP
Joining in

I have just set up Thunderbird as an email client.  Set up is IMAP and I am saving copies of emails locally on my PC (running Windows 10). I am using Thunderbird to monitor 3 accounts, all ntlworld.com. In one of the accounts spam emails are appearing in my local Sent folder but they are not appearing in the Inbox, nor are they in the VirginMedia Sent folder when I log on directly to look at my emails.  Can anyone explain? Thanks. 

RogerJP

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you haven't got the IMAP folder mapping settings correctly set up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham.  I have 3 accounts and they all have the same settings but this issue is only affecting the account I added first.  Also I thought IMAP only affected the incoming emails and this issue is with the SENT folder?  (I admit my knowledge in this area is not great!)

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In Thunderbird:

• select ☰ > Account Settings
  • then under the account's name, Junk Settings
  • check Destination and Retention is not set; if it is make sure it is pointing to the the account's server Spam folder

Should that not solve the issue then consider making a backup and then recreating the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks