Menu
smurfitt
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spam in inbox

Despite blacklisting the email addresses and marking them as spam the same sender sends another and it comes to my inbox. I am getting literally 100's of these 'Hot Asian girls' 'Health tips' etc per day.
What's going on?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam in inbox

Can you view the email source and post appropriately redacted header information from a few here?

FYI: if there is no persistent header value common between these emails then Blacklisting / Filter Rules are not an efficient method for dealing with this level of spam; your best hope is to continue identify spam in the hope Virgin Media's spam filters will learn.

PS: maybe this is a good time to consider using an email service that is independent of your ISP and better suited to your needs, for instance with multi-factor authentication, user specific spam handling, etc.

0 Kudos
DavidC4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing the same issues.  Almost nothing is automatically being picked up by the spam filters and I am now getting ~20 spam emails similar to the ones you are getting per day.  This started 2-3 weeks ago and seems to be getting worse if anything. 

I've been manually flagging them all as spam, but the filters do not seem to be learning at all, despite the majority of these emails being very obvious spam.

It almost looks like Virgin have turned off their spam filters, as historically this type of email has been effectively filtered out.  Looking at other recent posts on this forum, we are not the only ones suffering.

0 Kudos
DavidC4
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've just noticed that the majority of these spam emails appear to be coming from a single domain (sysprem.com).  I've added a manual filter to my inbox to redirect all messages from this domain straight in to the Spam folder.  Will see if this has the desired effect.

0 Kudos