Menu
colingardner
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spam getting out of control

I'm now getting the same spam every single day including new ones, come on VM what's going on, I've tried setting to reject all spam yet they are still getting through, is it possible to blacklist these domains, it would make it easier to keep them out. Tried SpamCop too, I doubt the isp's are taking the abuse reports seriously, that's weeks I've been using this reporting services
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Spam getting out of control

Hi colingardner,

You've been commenting on the spam situation regularly for nearly 4 years.  Maybe it is time to get an email address with one of the other providers that do better at filtering spam.  It takes a little effort, but when it is done, you would have more time to spend on other hobbies.  You'd probably have better personal security, and also be able to change broadband providers whenever you choose.

Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - I hope that didn't come across as bossy - what I mean is that your email address is on spammers lists, probably a lot of them.  My husband's address is on some lists, he gets modest amounts of spam when others complain of inundations.  I get none.

A sure fire way to reduce spam to that email address is to stop using it, and get a fresh one that you use sparingly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Merlin2016
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same situation with mine, it seems to go in spikes. Have tried the blacklist option to no avail at all. It’s very disappointing that Virgin can’t make more efforts to control this considering the revenue they extract from customers. 

0 Kudos
colingardner
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MissPasko Thanks...
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @colingardner @Merlin2016 

Please see my post in this thread, we're looking for email headers to aid with our investigation of the spam issue currently.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@colingardner wrote:
I'm now getting the same spam every single day including new ones, come on VM what's going on, I've tried setting to reject all spam yet they are still getting through, is it possible to blacklist these domains, it would make it easier to keep them out. Tried SpamCop too, I doubt the isp's are taking the abuse reports seriously, that's weeks I've been using this reporting services

I do know that most ISP's do try their best to deal with Spam, Virgin Media are possibly at a disadvantage here in that rather than using someone like Yahoo to manage their email service like Sky, Virgin Media took the email back in house after Google closed down it's Apps for ISP email service (Given that Yahoo was hacked big time in the past, one might argue that's not a bad thing).  

However one aspect of this spam campaign that bothers me is the servers it is originating from - Like the Sysprem.com spam before it, a good portion of this latest spam seems to be send via servers controlled by Amazon.

Which begs the question.  Can Amazon do more here?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos