cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam getting more strict

sowilliams
On our wavelength

Hi there,

over the last couple of weeks the spam filter seems to have got more strict and is putting lots of my emails into junk/spam folders which don’t get downloaded to my laptop. 

is this something that I can undo/ work around to mark certain addresses as ok so they are put into the inbox instead of spam?

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are a few option to consider:

• on your laptop, configure email client to use IMAP instead of POP to gain access to messages wrongly flagged as spam
  • in webmail, add sender's email address to Address Book
  • pursue correction of false positive, i.e. messages incorrectly identified by spam filters

Post back here with the option you would like more information about.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Would like to find a way to not get this flagged as spam which I would guess is option 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who hopefully will be able to have the false positive spam identifications corrected however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Hi there @sowilliams 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums.

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your emails and the spam filter. 

I'll pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this with you. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.