Menu
Charlton38
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spam filtering failure

Regular emails from my gym go to Spam. I have followed instructions on webmail inc. filters to no avail.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam filtering failure

@Charlton38 wrote:

Regular emails from my gym go to Spam. I have followed instructions on webmail inc. filters to no avail.

Can you summaries these instructions?

As far as I know if these email are being misidentified as spam and the issue has been occurring for more that 24 hours, as this seems to be, then you will need to wait for a forum team member to help; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to work through to your post.

0 Kudos
Charlton38
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All messages from noreply@nuffieldhealth.com go to the Spam Box.

I have tried marking them as Not Spam. This works for the specific message but not for subsequent ones.

I have tried creating a filter which allows ALL messages from this source . This does not work.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Filter Rules execute again messages delivered to your Inbox so will not work for misidentified spam delivered to your Spam folder.

I have flagged your post to the the forum team (@ModTeam) who are best placed to resolve this issue.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlton38

Sorry to hear this is happening 

I can see you have already marked the email as not spam 

Can you please try using an alternative email address as a contact, to see if these emails still go to spam on a different email platform 

See how that goes and let me know if its still happening 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L wrote:

Can you please try using an alternative email address as a contact, to see if these emails still go to spam on a different email platform 

Say what ! ? !

Who cares if gmail or proton labels it spam or not - we want Virgin's email service to be reasonably accurate.  If Cloudmark don't want the end-user contacting them directly, Virgin should do so on our behalf.

Or maybe nuffield health needs to do something, but Charlton38 has done enough (IMO) to bring it to VM's attention.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Charlton38
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth but I do not use other email addresses or platforms so I am not clear what you mean. I have daily messages from this address. They always appear as Spam. I enquired of other users of this facility (the gym) and none report this problem though none were virgin users.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Charlton38 wrote:

Thanks Gareth but I do not use other email addresses or platforms so I am not clear what you mean. I have daily messages from this address. They always appear as Spam. I enquired of other users of this facility (the gym) and none report this problem though none were virgin users.

AFAICS the request would involve using a different contact email address with your gym and reporting back whether the gym emails were also classed as spam by the other email service. For example, asking the gym to use me@example.com as your contact email and then to check if the email service at example.com also classed the gym's emails as spam.

IMHO to resolve this issue the email source needs to be reviewed and forwarded onto the spam filtering service.

FYI: to view the email source in webmail:

• select the email message
  • select (coloured red) and then View source

Do not post the source here. Wait for the forum team to request it via private message.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlton38,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that emails from your gym are being sent to your spam folder. 

I have now sent you a private message so we can assist you further with this. 

You will be able to access your private messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards,

Dean C

0 Kudos