cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam emails

Alex893
Tuning in

Hi, I am receiving emails to this account United Kingdom - VirginMedia <vme@info.emailselections.org>
could anyone explain why and how to stop. 
I know that they are spamming or trying to spam me. 
This is not my account to be clear. 
Thanks

31 REPLIES 31

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is likely the miscreant has Blind Carbon Copied (BCC) you on the email to facilitate their nefarious intent; usual modus operandi is to continue BCC you on the email whilst rotating the To address until they move onto their next batch of targeted email address. If appropriate consider creating a filter rule in webmail to move these emails to your Spam folder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gfp
On our wavelength

I am getting spam from the same source. Thanks for the BCC explanation. In my case, the emails do not appear in webmail, only in my desktop client (outlook - office 365). No sign of them at all in webmail.

gfp
On our wavelength

I have the same problem. I set up a filter to discard them but they still came through. I have realised that that might be because they changed the bit before the @. I have now set up a filter to discard anything that contains "@info.emailselections.org". I don't know if it works yet.

Hi @gfp,

Thank you for the update regarding your changes to the spam filter settings. Be sure to let us know how you get on and if it helps at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gfp wrote:

I am getting spam from the same source. Thanks for the BCC explanation. In my case, the emails do not appear in webmail, only in my desktop client (outlook - office 365). No sign of them at all in webmail.

If you view the email's source text is the Delivered-To header value set to your email address, for example:

⋮
Delivered-To: richard.branson@virginmedia.com
⋮

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

How is everyone getting on?  Are the filtering steps you've been taking paying off?

Regards

Lee_R

gfp
On our wavelength

I haven't had any spam since setting the filter so it looks like it is working, yes. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gfp

Thanks for coming back to us to let us know. I'm glad to hear you haven't had any spam since setting the filter 🙂

If anything changes, please do let us know!

Kind regards,

Serena

gfp
On our wavelength

Update: One or two emails from emailselections are still getting through to my inbox. I have various filters set but the sender (emailselections.org) keep changing their 'from' address by adding different words before emailselections. I have tried to set up a filter that discards any email containing emailselections in the from address but virgin media's filters don't always seem to be able to pick it up. As a side note, I am surprised that more is not done by all email providers to stop obvious spammers from operating.