cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam appearing in outlook (office 365) spam folder but not in virgin media mail

gfp
On our wavelength

I am getting spam everyday from emailselections.org to my ntlworld email address. They go into my Spam folder in Outlook (office 365). However, they do not appear in any folder when I look in virgin media mail online. I want to delete them rather than have them sent to my outlook folder. Any advice?

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into webmail and:

• check ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Auto Forward > Enable is not set
  • confirm there are no unexpected rules listed under  ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Filter Rules

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gfp
On our wavelength

Hi. Thanks.

Auto Forward > enable is not set. A rule is set to 'discard' any email from this spammer but it still gets through to my outlook spam folder. The same problem occurred before I set the rule, i.e. the spam was sent to my outlook (office 365) folder on my desktop but did not appear in any virgin mail folder.

Hi @gfp thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry you're still getting unwanted mail.  We'll investigate this with our security team.

Regards

Lee_R

gfp
On our wavelength

I am still getting spam through to my outlook (office 365) desktop email client which are not shown in virgin mail. The return address is vme-unsubscribe-354820211@info.emailselections.org . I suspect the vme in the address stands for 'virgin media email'.

gfp
On our wavelength

Further info: the 'To' address is "United Kingdom - VirginMedia <vme@info.emailselections.org>". Why should this come to me, it is clearly not my email address? Is virgin media spamming?

Hi @gfp

I am sorry you're still experiencing spam emails.  I will chase this up to see if there are any updates.

Regards

Lee_R