Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam again!

magsmoff
On our wavelength

Can someone help please, I am being inundated with spam emails from - 

Lewis Marcelo [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

I'm pretty sure they are spam, anyone else getting them?

Mags.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are the spam emails being moved automatically to the VM spam folder?  If so then they are being correctly handled by the Virgin Media Mail system and there is nothing further that you need to do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @magsmoff, and welcome back to our Forums.

Can you please confirm if this E-Mail address has been previously marked as spam?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

magsmoff
On our wavelength

Hi, sorry I don't know, I'm presuming it is spam as I get at least 1-2 a day and nothing much seems to being done about spam!

I currently have 47 spam emails in my spam folder, 27 of them from Lewis Marcelo since 28 December 2022.

Thanks,

Mags

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are the spam emails being moved automatically to the VM spam folder?  If so then they are being correctly handled by the Virgin Media Mail system and there is nothing further that you need to do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

magsmoff
On our wavelength

Hi again, yes they are now after I marked them as spam.

This has been ongoing since at least November 2022.

Thanks,

Mags

SPAM EMAILS-spam filters are brilliant-see email settings.

I also get spam emails, but have not had Lewis Marcelo (I checked)

I now try to filter spam emails out and they can be either discarded or put in the spam folder using filters.

I usually use a fixed component in the spam email which can be part of the email address, or the whole email address by filtering -condition -from -contains - then the chosen part of the sender email address. I also use some domains to block emails  which is the part of the address after the @xxxx which was removed by the moderator.

Also it is possible to block spam emails by filtering keywords from the subject , to or even the body of the email, I filter out emails where the to is not my email address, could be a different email address of another person or recipients often used.

I am experimenting with using headers to discard spam but no success yet, so the spam would be deleted.

I also filter my genuine emails to folders at the start of the filters sequence

It is trial and error, but with practice it is possible to block repeated spam and keep updating filters for new spam that arrives

There are many filtering options that work well if you try them out, I am doing well with blocking the repeated  spam email senders, and have had no spam emails for 7 days, that is good going and have reduced my spam emails to just a few each week now, with many now blocked.

magsmoff
On our wavelength

Thank you, I will try this tomorrow X

magsmoff
On our wavelength
I'm not great with tech 😞

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@magsmoff wrote:

Thank you, I will try this tomorrow X

You really don't need to bother with trying to set up your own filters as VM Mail is correctly dealing with the spam messages.

We're sorry to hear of any frustration with the emails magsmoff. 

Please do let us know how the spam filter setup went if you decided to do it. 

^Martin