Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 81 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Email - sysprem.com

Most definitely - 100% of the sysprem mails I look at are all coming from Amazon AWS IP addresses.

Much like the Clialis.com and raysoutdoors.com.au spam before it.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Kitt_Cat
Tuning in
Message 82 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Is this why, when I order from Amazon, the email with my order goes in to my spam folder?. If it is coming via the amazon doorway it won’t just be us Vigin media peeps suffering. But I am sure when this is stopped, there will be another one. Just sick of the filthy emails, the content is blocked so  it’s doing it’s job to a certain extent, but like all of you I want it stopped. And my real Amazon emails where they should be. I’m just relieved I’m not alone with this spam rubbish. 

0 Kudos
tbernstein
Dialled in
Message 83 of 166
Flag for a moderator

I don't get that. There's a big difference between blocking mail coming through the AWS IP addresses and detecting a text string in email headers.Genuine Amazon emails should still be able to get through. Come to that, do Amazon not have a different range of IP addresses for their own mailings?

Mostly a happy customer.
tbernstein
Dialled in
Message 84 of 166
Flag for a moderator

There have been some very big leaks recently (Starwood Hotels for one) And a massive list of addresses ( and p/wds in many cases) has appeared on the interweb.

Look at the HaveIbeenPwned site for more information. And check your addresses there.

Mostly a happy customer.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 85 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Edit - Post was in response to KitKat's post further up.

I wouldn't have thought so.

The servers being used aren't the ones that Amazon uses for it's official communications.

I use Amazon - although they don't come to a Virgin Media email address.  (I have my own email domain and server),  Amazon's own email servers behave properly in this regard.

These are mail servers that have been set up on instances of Amazon's AWS cloud platform by third parties.

If Liberty Global do their homework, there should be a way of blocking these at the connection stage.  I have done an analysis and passed this on to Virgin Media via a private backchannel available to the Superusers (we don't get many perks, but we get some Smiley Wink)

Tim

@Kitt_Cat  - Can I ask that you start a separate thread regarding the filtering of the genuine emails.  I don't want to de-rail this thread, but I do want to make sure that your issue gets dealt with.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Kitt_Cat
Tuning in
Message 86 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ravenstar

its only my order emails that go in to the spam folder. If amazon send my the deal of the day those emails go to my inbox. I just move the order emails from spam in to the inbox. I’ll check my settings in case it’s me that marked them. 

I am looking at those sysprem mails and go reply write down the emails and put that in the discard filter. hopefully they will fade away soon.

May be it’s amazons way of telling me I order too much from them 😂 

we’ll get there guys, we will be beat sysprem. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 87 of 166
Flag for a moderator

@Kitt_Cat wrote:

its only my order emails that go in to the spam folder. If amazon send my the deal of the day those emails go to my inbox. I just move the order emails from spam in to the inbox. I’ll check my settings in case it’s me that marked them. 

Tip: view the email's source and look for the following headers to confirm Virgin Media's spam filters processed the message.

⋮
X-Spam: yes
⋮
X-Spam-Action: folder Spam
X-Spam-Reason: CMAE_SCORE=100.00
⋮
0 Kudos
Whatsisname
Dialled in
Message 88 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Go with you heart,

I put your rule in VM Mail and on my own mail app. Along with MailWasher it has certainly stopped them goin into my inbox.

One other question; I get all the cr*p into my Junk Box but when I delete them they go into my Bin then i need to delete them from my Bin, Is there a way they can be deleted strait from the Junk Box? Apart from deleting the Bin Folder perhaps.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 89 of 166
Flag for a moderator

@Whatsisname wrote:

One other question; I get all the cr*p into my Junk Box but when I delete them they go into my Bin then i need to delete them from my Bin, Is there a way they can be deleted strait from the Junk Box? Apart from deleting the Bin Folder perhaps.

Either:

• use a discard action if you are confident the filter is not catching any legitimate / wanted messages
  • some email client will permanently delete a message if you press Ctrl + Delete, or other key / touch combination; Virgin Media's webmail does not support this feature
AstonUO
Tuning in
Message 90 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Happening to me too.

Why can't VM block the sender?

0 Kudos