Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 91 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Email - sysprem.com

Just read the thread. This needs careful handling by VM and their e-mail suppliers and spam filter suppliers. VM can't do it locally. Their mail servers and suppliers are in the hands of Ziggo Internet in Holland (an affiliate of VM's owners liberty Media) who run this show. The right people are on the case. But it will take time.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 92 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Hi AstonUO, 

Thank you for your post. 

I apologise for this experience, if I can point you in the direction of this; https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/How-to-report-spam-emails/m-p/3927427#M169064

Cheers 🙂 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
utania
Tuning in
Message 93 of 199
Flag for a moderator

I use virgin media webmail for a blueyonder.co.uk address and the filtering rules does not seem to work at all, i am still getting 10-15 emails from sysprem.com in my inbox daily

Return-Path: <>
Delivered-To: XXXX
Received: from md6.tb.ukmail.iss.local ([212.54.57.70])
by mc31.tb.ukmail.iss.local with LMTP id cMTNG0NkXFxDAwAAOr53gA
for <XXXX>; Thu, 07 Feb 2019 18:00:51 +0100
Received: from smtpclienthelo ([212.54.57.70])
by md6.tb.ukmail.iss.local with LMTP id 6ABcEENkXFx+BQAACKiK/Q
; Thu, 07 Feb 2019 18:00:51 +0100
Authentication-Results: ukmail.iss.as9143.net;
spf=none (3.121.1.174;);
dkim=none (nosigs);
dmarc=none header.from=sysprem.com (dis=no_record);
X-Env-Mailfrom:
X-Env-Rcptto: XXXX
X-SourceIP: 3.121.1.174
X-CNFS-Analysis: v=2.3 cv=dan+Ikfe c=1 sm=1 tr=0
a=OBX0JNz9lOOGcEmNLGfyOQ==:117 a=OBX0JNz9lOOGcEmNLGfyOQ==:17
a=yakivfcDAAAA:20 a=4-ayRHFpAAAA:20 a=xgHJ6T-6AAAA:20 a=L5mUe5HlAAAA:20
a=tclcd6dtLQvEqt9_mmAA:9 a=bCM2JLPhg1R6AXhwjVo2:22 a=Z5ABNNGmrOfJ6cZ5bIyy:22
a=jd6J4Gguk5HxikPWLKER:22
Received: from merryset3.info ([3.121.1.174])
by mx3.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net with ESMTP
id rn2cgfFGOZhfprn2hgEdbD; Thu, 07 Feb 2019 18:00:51 +0100
Message-Id: <.abN2nUSMcmGP@abN2nUSMcmGP>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: 91 year old woman shares her secrets to a long life
Reply-to: reply@merryset3.info
To: XXXX
X-Originating-IP:172.31.36.248
Content-Type: text/html;
Content-Disposition: inline
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 15:59:10 +0000
X-CMAE-Envelope: MS4wfKa/cbS0+2AdWJ9EGl3z/95jf/4p3yYqdGX3HnMr5C0RPBgh/x2g8yW0+Ee/bVfdoaJbXQRPT4eSuM/EImm8peuImVzlyV0/xexE1FNqpGDbQOuoDVE6
mIXM8So328fM5eCTZGpPgLnEv/NoLCp/9s4=

This should be filtered into the spam folder by this rule, but its not, any suggestions?

filter.png

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 94 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Hi utania, 

Thank you for your post. 

I apologise for this experience, if I can point you in the direction of this; https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/How-to-report-spam-emails/m-p/3927427#M169064

Cheers 🙂 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Whatsisname
Dialled in
Message 95 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Hi Utania,

If you are using Windows Live Mail you can only make mail rules for a POP email account,   IMAP or HTTP accounts do not have that option, I'm afraid it is a consequence of WLM not moving on from having been dropped by Microsoft in 2012. Personally I like WLM

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 96 of 199
Flag for a moderator

@Whatsisname wrote:

Hi Utania,

If you are using Windows Live Mail you can only make mail rules for a POP email account,   IMAP or HTTP accounts do not have that option, I'm afraid it is a consequence of WLM not moving on from having been dropped by Microsoft in 2012. Personally I like WLM

I don't see any reference to WLM in the post you are replying to.  The poster says they are using Virgin media webmail.  Filters can be tricky to get working, it doesn't look as if the correct from address has been set.

Also, filters only apply to emails hitting the inbox.  If the target spam is being sent to the spam folder by the VM spam traps, then user added filters are redundant.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Whatsisname
Dialled in
Message 97 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Hi Again Utania, I didn't see your Filter Rule at the bottom of your post, when I looked it was a yellow triangle. So I rather missed the point of the posting and my answer was off track, my apologies to Graham superuser too. I tried this in my VM filter rule (below) and the spam stopped going into my inbox. However that might have been due to VM stopping that happening too or MailWasher lending support, I don't know the answer to that one. Whatever, it has not caused my good emails to go amiss so it might be worth a try. There was a post like this from a Superuser earlier in the thread but slightly different. Iam pleased for whatever reason that the spate of spam seems to be slowing.

VMmailRule.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BeginnersLuck
On our wavelength
Message 98 of 199
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I've added the address to the filter (both under 'is exactly' and 'contains') and have started adding all the from names, too, but still the emails come - the filter's a joke. 

Surely Virgin Media can put their own filter on the address for the customers? No one wants these emails.

PJM622
On our wavelength
Message 99 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it is a pain - and likewise I have around 25 assorted filters.

But, it has been usefully pointed out a few times in the thread that the filters ONLY work on the inbox. So the fact it is going straight to the spam folder means we're wasting our time with these filters. If I understand correctly.

BeginnersLuck
On our wavelength
Message 100 of 199
Flag for a moderator

I wish mine were going into the spam folder - they're still coming in to my inbox!

I just tried sending the source info to abuse@amazonaws.com, as suggested, but got a message saying the email couldn't be sent because it contained spam content.

Oh dear!