Menu
Jonesy0610
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry your mailbox is not available. Try again in another hour.

I started getting this message over two weeks ago. I waited and waited and then reported it to virgin. I kept getting past from one 'technician' to another. Sometimes they would tell me they were passing me on to someone else but I just got cut off. Every time they were telling me to change my password which i did. I got sick of changing passwords without success. What was noticeable and even surprising was that every time i spoke to a 'technician' I could hear them reading aloud from some sort of instruction manual. Each one tried to be helpful but just did the same as the previous one.          Anyway a week last friday one young lady eventually accepted defeat and said the matter had to be referred to the IT Team. She stated that someone would get back to me on my phone to sort the matter out WITHIN 5 DAYS. On the 6th day I made more phone calls to virgin, going through the time consuming but necessary security checks. Again I was passed from one person to another and again on several occasions I was cut off. Again more password changes with no success. One lady, who was extremely polite told me that the problem was that I needed to change my password and then go to my emails to verify the change. "BUT THATS THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING...I CAN'T GET INTO MY EMAILS". I even asked her how I should change my password and again surprisingly she admitted stating that she didn't know as she can't get virgin media where she lives and doesn't know how or what a change of password looks like!  She insisted that this latest change of password would work and that I wasn't giving it the hour wait. Ok so I tried that. Two hours later ....more time consuming but necessary security checks...more 'technicians' and more cut offs. Yet again more polite and helpful people suggesting a change of password and an hour wait. Eventually I got someone who did all the usual things and like all of the other 'technicians' read from something that sounded like a manual and told me that the fix was to change my password. On this occasion I emphasised how this was affecting me and my affairs and i was extremely unhappy. She agreed to raise a complaint for me ....she did this and I waited. Eventually going online and raising a complaint myself. I am now over 14 days without an email account, I am loosing valuable business. I cannot get on other essential forums etc because I do not have an email account. Things are desperate and I am losing money and contact with friends and family....essential during these times.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sorry your mailbox is not available. Try again in another hour.

Hi @Jonesy0610.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this with your email inbox. I am unable to access your account using your forum details. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top righthand corner of the page and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dave61
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Akua, I am having this exact problem with my secondary email accounts. Could you give Natalie a nudge if she's in the same team as she asked for my security details in a private message which I provided and she seems to have gone missing in action and I've been staring at the screen for 2 hours now

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave61, 

My apologies for the delay, I am afraid we cannot guarantee an instant response via this method of contact but we do aim to get back to you as quickly as possible. 

I have your message and will be responding in the next few minutes. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos