Menu
Ghosty
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry! Your mailbox is not available

Ever since I swapped my account over to my own name from my father's, I've been receiving the same error whenever I try to access the email account of my main profile.

"Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I've changed my login details (both username and password) a couple of times but I still get the same notice.

It's been going on since I changed over the account 3 years ago, and while I can access my secondary accounts no problem, I'm unable to access the main email, which I'm worried will cause a problem with bills/notifications when I move this year.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sorry! Your mailbox is not available

HI Ghosty, 

Welcome to the fourms. 

Sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you've had here. When you say you've changed the password, was this done through the online account? And has the message never changed in 3 years? 

Keep me posted. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Ghosty
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Correct and correct, though one time I called up tech support and they reset the password for me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think the clue to the issue may be in this line here:

Ever since I swapped my account over to my own name from my father's,

Bear in mind that Virgin Media email accounts are managed differently to how you might expect.

The account has a primary email which is assigned by Virgin Media on creation of the Broadband account, and up to 9 secondary email addresses which are created by the primary account holder as and when required.

Now while IT IS possible to change the username for an account to a third party email address.  Changing it to another existing Virgin Media email causes all sorts of strange behaviour including what you are seeing.

The most important thing to understand is that it's impossible to promote a secondary email  address a to become a primary account.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Ghosty
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is there any way to fix this?  I'm unable to access any info Virgin might want to send me. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Forum Team may well need to escalate this to get the matter resolved.

I'm not a Virgin Media employee myself, however I shall flag this back up for you. @ModTeam over to you.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am going to send you a private message Ghosty Smiley Happy 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos