cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry! Your mailbox is not available at the moment

donnie74
Joining in

I have multiple emails but one is not working, assume its locked.

I was half way through setting up an account online and noticed email not accessible when i went to check for a validation email 😞 

Tried the reset password trick but no dice.

26 REPLIES 26

donnie74
Joining in
Forgot to mention that i have already followed the "Email accounts locked" post pinned in this forum.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

and what did you find when you followed that advice?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Nothing..... other than I can't access mail account still this morning.

is it something that can be helped in here?

Ok a bit more info, after looking over the forums and running a test it would seem the error is
525 5.7.13 Authentication Denied (VM304) and its a secondary address created years ago (not a new one)

Hi @donnie74, thanks for your post and I'm sorry that you're having issues accessing your secondary email.

Firstly, how are you trying to access the email in question, is it through your My Virgin Media account (via Webmail), or through an email client such as Outlook?

If you're having problems through a client, please let me know if you can access it through Webmail.

Regards

Tom_W

Can login to VM portal fine just webmail failed with error.

Outlook also tried but no success

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit XXXXXX  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Ened up phoning support, 45mins in queue, 15mins on with support and as im not account holderapparently was authorised to created a ticket?  I am named on the account and do all the changes to package etc on behalf of eldery parent being the account holder.

Tried to get me to request an account change to myself and then phone them back to start over, short argument later and 3 way call with with me/parent/support finally they made a ticket, now i have to wait upto 5 days for a fix.

Looks like the validation link im needing to be actviated and sent to this email account is no longer valid 😞

Is there anyways of sorting this quicker or have i done all i can?