cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single address being treated as spam even though filtered

Bryan24
On our wavelength

All emails I receive from a certain single address 'name@sky.com' (I've not used the actual 'name') go into the webmail spam and, therefore, not to my Outlook mail client.

I've set a rule to send all spam to my inbox, which it does, except for that particular address which still goes into spam.

I've also set a rule that says 'From, Condition (that email address), Action (File into Inbox) which also does not solve the problem.

If I mark the message as 'Not Spam' it seems to temporarily go to the Inbox but finds it's way back to spam!!!

Any ideas please. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider setting up the following filter rule in webmail and move to head of filter rule list:
2022-01-21.jpeg
Any email delivered to your Inbox will have its colour flag set to grey. If an email appears in your Spam folder with the flag set then it was moved there from the Inbox folder but if not then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team with a view to correcting the false positive Spam detection.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Filer rules only act on emails received to Inbox. To have spam delivered to your Inbox sign into webmail select ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Spam Settings and then either set Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox or Turn off all SPAM filtering; using the former a filter rule could be created that moves all message flagged as spam (subject contains <SPAM>) to the spam folder except when from a specific address(es)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Bryan24
On our wavelength

Thanks Very Insightful Person

I had already set the Spam Filter to 'Turn Off All Spam Filtering'. However, it sent all Spam to my Inbox EXCEPT from the particular address in question.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you view the source of the email still going to your Spam folder does it contain any lines beginning with X-Spam; to view source in webmail select email then > View source?

Bryan24
On our wavelength

Hi again

No, not X-Spam. There are other Xs

X-Env
X-Source-IP
X-CNFS
X-Sonic
X-YMail
X-Source -MF
X-Mailer
X-CMAE

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using other email clients and if so any chance one of them is moving the email to the Spam folder?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider setting up the following filter rule in webmail and move to head of filter rule list:
2022-01-21.jpeg
Any email delivered to your Inbox will have its colour flag set to grey. If an email appears in your Spam folder with the flag set then it was moved there from the Inbox folder but if not then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team with a view to correcting the false positive Spam detection.

Bryan24
On our wavelength

Yes, I use Outlook (in Office 365, not .com). I believe that is also set to accept the sender but will check again tomorrow.

Bryan24
On our wavelength

Thanks. I'll take up this suggestion tomorrow and ask the person to send me a test email.

Bryan24
On our wavelength

Hi VIP

I've received 2 messages from the problem address, both in the Spam folder with no colour flag.

Some messages (from other addresses) in the Inbox have a colour flag, but not others. This has nothing to do with the problem but I just wondered why not all had the colour flag.