Menu
Katerina1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shut down old Ntlworld email

Hi - I need to shut down an old ntlworld email address. I was told this would happen within 90 days of closing my account but this has still not happened nearly 6 months later. The account was compromised by hackers who then used it to access linked accounts. I changed the password but they were able to access it again. I can now no longer log onto the virginmedia webmail but the account can still send and receive emails. This needs to be completely deleted and shut down asap as my details are vulnerable and I no longer have a way to manage the account or change the password. I can't find anything on the website anywhere for how to do this and no longer have a virgin account even that I can access. Any help would be appreciated or any advice for a way to block the account from receiving emails.

Best,

Katerina

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shut down old Ntlworld email

A member of the Forum Team should be able to deal with this for you.  It will take them a few days to get to this post so you need to be patient for a bit.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katerina1,

I appreciate the difficulties of closing an active email account for which there is no access. We can sort this out for you and I've sent a request for more details via PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page). Just reply when you can and I'll get this progressed 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katerina1,

Email address confirmed removed, completely. You'll get no further issues with this 🙂

Kind wishes,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dhubberts
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I too have been looking to do this and struggling to find out how.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please start your own thread (as is the Forum etiquette here) with a fully explanation of what you want to do. There are plenty of examples for you to follow. This thread is closed as the issue was resolved.
@dhubberts

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped