Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Settings, Email Filter Deleting

Many thanks.
My clean sheet comprises about 2 full page scrolls which I would like to delete. It is time-consuming to laboriously sort using the =. Each "sort" takes time as I receive msg "wait or exit". What I wish to accomplish is to begin again but I cannot.

New entries are at the end of scroll duplicated. There are many similar that need moving.
Sorry to be a nuisance but I am unable to attach copy.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Is this issue occurring under , Settings, ▸ Email, Filter Rules?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Now we are on the same page…

Unfortunately the Filter Rule web page lacks a Select All option so you will need to:

1. select the Trash can icon adjacent to the filter rule to be deleted
  2. select Delete to confirm
  3. repeat step 1 until all filter rules are deleted

By the way, the order of filter rules dictates their sequence of execution; top rule first, followed by next, and so on ― there is no benefit to ordering them alphabetically, as far as I can see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.

Very time consuming this will be!  Apparently there is no short way to overcome this very ponderous method.

I do not know how to proceed now as I am receiving mail in my inbox that is in my Filter Rule.

I managed to delete/move two items which took over 5 minutes, then received usual msg: "wait etc".   To carry on doing something else I have to leave page.

I wanted to have list in alphabetical order to make it easier to find duplications.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If you use a non ISP provided, independent email service you won't have to bother about issues like this.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@ess1 wrote:

Thanks for reply.

Very time consuming this will be!  Apparently there is no short way to overcome this very ponderous method.

I do not know how to proceed now as I am receiving mail in my inbox that is in my Filter Rule.

I managed to delete/move two items which took over 5 minutes, then received usual msg: "wait etc".   To carry on doing something else I have to leave page.

I wanted to have list in alphabetical order to make it easier to find duplications.

See if deleting in ascending order (last entry, working your way up the list) helps to speed things up; use pointing device to select Trash can and space bar to select Delete without having to select / click it.

@ModTeam, maybe something to raise with the email team as deleting in non-ascending order takes far longer.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Filtering E-mail

and 2 others replied to topic

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sololobo,

As I do not appear to be going anywhere can you give me the name of your non ISP provider please.

Am considering returning to Outlook which, I believe is free for now.   Previous was MS2013!

Appreciate advice and have one on me!

0 Kudos