cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up email on new laptop

ITFC4E
Joining in

I have just bought a new laptop. I am trying to set up my email accounts on it. I have put in exactly the same settings as on my old laptop but it won't let me access them. It keeps saying my ntlworld account settings are out of date, i need to update my password ( done that ) , and i need to give the account permission to sync to this device ???? I can still access my emails on old laptop with no issues.

10 REPLIES 10

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ITFC4E.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you are not able to access your emails on the new laptop.

What client are you using, Outlook etc?

Can you try with these details and see if that helps at all.

Do you have any virus software that may be restricting the sync?

Gareth_L

Yes... I did the actions on the page you've highlighted, I'm trying to use outlook. But the response I keep getting is my email password is out of day ( it's not ) and that I have to get permission to sync them to this new device.

I'm using the exact same settings as this ( older ) laptop.

Hi ITFC4E,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear you are still facing issues setting up your Email on your new Laptop, you can log into your Online Account and change the password there.

Regards

Paul.

I have already updated the password.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ITFC4E

Thanks for your response

Just to double check, are you able to access your email via our website just fine? If you haven't already, please give this a try and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

yes, I am able to access my emails through the website and through outlook on this, my old laptop LOL!!

Thank you for confirming this @ITFC4E 

There could be a miscommunication with your security certificate. Is your new laptop Windows or Apple? If so what version are you running? 

Is the time and date set up and correct on your new laptop?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

windows 11

Yes, the time and date are correct.