cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up biometrics for web mail

martyp
Superfast

Hi all,

Wasn't sure if this was best placed in security so feel free to move it if so.

When I log in to web based email on my mobile phone web browser (Android) it asks if I want to enable biometric security. I click to do it and use my fingerprint and then it just goes back to the same screen? It would be good if that worked and to save having to use the password and maybe having to select pictures of traffic lights and bridges...

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

There's an awful lot VM could be doing with email but won't as they are winding the service down. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

martyp
Superfast

Thanks, it did seem to be getting better for a while then noticed nothing much changed.

Hello matypr,

Thanks for posting in regards to the security option available for your email account via your mobile device. We understand the confusion caused.

The biometric security option is a feature offered by the device, we have limited support we can offer in regards to this and would recommend contacting the handset manufacturer directly for further support with the biometrics.

Is it only the email app you're experiencing this issue with?

Rob

Hi Rob,

It's just via the built in Android web browser. I could try a different one. To be honest the ebay website seems to do the same so will check in with Android support I think. Samsung pass requires the fingerprint to enter credentials but seems to be an issue with using that to sign in on websites.

Hi Martyp 👋 thanks for getting back to us to confirm. 

Sorry to hear it also appears to be affecting other apps and services in your device. 

Hope things go well with Android support and they are able to get the issue sorted. Please do return and keep this thread updated as other community members may find this information beneficial! 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly