cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Blueyonder email account in Outlook

JohnG62
On our wavelength

I'm not sure whether it's possible to do this now given recent/ongoing email issues, but I wish to set up my xxx.blueyonder.co.uk email account (that I can access fine in Virgin Media email) in Outlook.

I'd be grateful if somebody could provide the latest instructions/link as to how to achieve this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JohnG62
On our wavelength

Thanks, Tom.  

I've attempted to follow the instructions in your link.

Those instructions state to Select Account Settings (which I've done) then:

"4.  Select the type of information you want to change.
Account Settings allows you to add or remove accounts, change server settings, and more.

Account Name and Sync Settings lets you update the friendly name for the account and decide how many days' worth of email you'd like to synchronize.

Server Settings lets you change the login information, including the password, server name, port, and authentication settings.

Change Profile lets you switch to a new profile.

Manage Profiles lets you add or remove profiles or change profile settings.

The most common settings you'll change are Server Settings."

However, when I click on Account Settings the following options appear:

Account Settings

Account Name and Sync Settings 

Delegate Access

Download Address Book

Change Profile

Manage Profiles

I can't find anything relating to Server Settings so I'm afraid I'm still stuck.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JohnG62 wrote:

I'm not sure whether it's possible to do this now given recent/ongoing email issues, but I wish to set up my xxx.blueyonder.co.uk email account (that I can access fine in Virgin Media email) in Outlook.

I'd be grateful if somebody could provide the latest instructions/link as to how to achieve this. 

You should find all the help you need here: virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients

If you get stuck post back and we will try and help you further

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JohnG62
On our wavelength

Thanks for the link but I'm afraid I've quickly become stuck.   (The instructions seem to be for an earlier version of Outlook :  not sure which one it is and how I can download it.)

In my version of Outlook, which I believe is the latest, a dialog box opened entitled "Account settings", "Email accounts" and notifying me that I can add or remove an account, select an account and change its settings.

Underneath are various tabs:   email, data files, RSS feeds etc.

I selected "email" and my email address together with type "Microsoft exchange (send from this account by default)" appeared. 

Underneath "email" there are various tabs:  "new", "repair", "change" etc. 

When I click on my address or on the "change" tab appears a dialog box opens saying "Exchange Account Settings", my address and then something about offline settings.   There are no options for putting in the email server etc.   

Grateful for further advice.

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JohnG62

You should choose the option to set up your email account manually. If you're on the latest version of Outlook you can find out how to access these settings here: Manual Setup In Outlook

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tom_S

JohnG62
On our wavelength

Thanks, Tom.  

I've attempted to follow the instructions in your link.

Those instructions state to Select Account Settings (which I've done) then:

"4.  Select the type of information you want to change.
Account Settings allows you to add or remove accounts, change server settings, and more.

Account Name and Sync Settings lets you update the friendly name for the account and decide how many days' worth of email you'd like to synchronize.

Server Settings lets you change the login information, including the password, server name, port, and authentication settings.

Change Profile lets you switch to a new profile.

Manage Profiles lets you add or remove profiles or change profile settings.

The most common settings you'll change are Server Settings."

However, when I click on Account Settings the following options appear:

Account Settings

Account Name and Sync Settings 

Delegate Access

Download Address Book

Change Profile

Manage Profiles

I can't find anything relating to Server Settings so I'm afraid I'm still stuck.

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JohnG62,

Sorry that you've had difficulty locating the relevant menus. If you open up Account Settings a go through to the dialog box with "Change" etc, this should be where you're able to change these settings.

Depending on which version you're using, you may need to go through an "advanced" or "more settings" option, but it should all be in roughly the same place.

If you're still having no luck, please confirm which version of Outlook you're using so I can take a look at talk you through step-by-step.

Thanks,

Rachael

JohnG62
On our wavelength

Rachael et al - thanks for your advice.   Outlook now set up and working satisfactorily. 

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Brilliant news! Thank you for keeping us posted, JohnG62. I'm glad you're up and running 🙂

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Rachael

I have a similar problem having attempted to re-install my blueyonder account in Outlook. I get the answer "account successfully added" then on closing and reopening the message "the name cannot be matched to a name in the address list."

I am having the same issue.

All was working until today and now stuck. keep asking for username and password when I add account as IMAP onm SMTP. Tried Excahange, Outlook365, imap etc. removed to do fresh install and nothing 😞