cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server fault?

Markswebs35
Tuning in

Hello,

I am having the E-mail issue despite I’m not a customer with virgin that I have continue using the Virginmedia E-mail addresses for many years. There I have encountered the fault yesterday despite I unable to send E-mail from the @virginmedia.com address despite blueyonder E-mail is still active, but I sent a test e-mail from blueyonder address to the @virginmedia.com address as it’s did not bounced back as it’s was correctly sent to my @virginmedia.com address. I’m sure there is a fault with the server despite cannot get new E-mail or won’t sent that settings & password is all correctly set up. Please could you check the server that I think it’s down for some reason despite its was working yesterday morning as it’s had stopped about noon yesterday. Can you please look into the fault on the server asap that I’ve have very important E-mail that I must get them downloaded straightaway.

70 REPLIES 70

What doesn't really make any sense is that all your points have already been addressed yet you keep posting the same thing, as if expecting somehow to receive different answers. This is unlikely to happen.

Bottom line: You are no longer a Virgin Media customer and have no rights to use a VM provided email service.

It's your responsibility to manage your 3rd party contact details/logins/accounts and had 3 months to transfer these to another email address.

As far as I'm aware the Virgin Media email servers were not impacted by any malware/virus attack. Can you provide proof otherwise?

I tried to explain in post #27 why your account may still appear to be active but not provide you with access to your emails. Obviously I failed to make myself understood.

Unless Virgin Media can grant you temporary access to your old account, unlikely if it's already been deleted and unfair if you get preferential treatment over all other ex-customers potentially experiencing the same problem, then it seems to be the end of the road for you.

Sorry.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

"It is so rude of them by not notifying all customer it’s not fair."

But you are NOT a customer. You left Virgin.  Remember? 

Virgin can't notify people who aren't customers because Virgin don't know who non-customers are.  Isn't that obvious? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes it is extremely rude as I never known until a friend of mine alerted to that letter they sent to active customers, i think they should still have even e-mailed all ex customers in the first place which it is quite obvious it’s still wrong that in some cases that certain e-mail accounts it is linked to either Microsoft or google gmail account which it’s linked that it’s why it’s was kept active on servers from after 90 days it’s the truth of the evidence. If the user not used them for 6 months they be deleted of the server. That what happen to freeserve & Tesco net e-mail that I tested by sending the old e-mail address for freeserve & Tesco e-mail that I did received the postmaster’s e-mail to inform me that the e-mail I sent it’s not found on the server permanently no longer found. That it’s why said virginmedia a——-.m—-.w———@virginmedia.com it’s does    exist on serve4 that means it is still an active e-mail address that all sender can still sends e-mail to the locked 3rd party it’s the evidence it the full truth it is still working to sending & to receiving the that have been successfully been sent & they never get the undelivered postmaster’s e-mail message to inform sender that the receipting e-mail have been undelivered that despite that my 3party e-mail it’s still successfully been delivered to the smtp server of not getting them bounced back from the e-mail postmaster that the e-mail it’s the active e-mail address it’s still correctly sent.

I still having difficulty getting a few web sites paid apps subscription & a few online paid subscription online account that I have tried to get tge password reset e-mail that it’s still registered under the old e-mail account that I have tried unsuccessfully using the new temporary gmail e-mail address as it’s not accepted because it’s not registered yet, but if not, it’s could ends up having to pay out another £230 to re-subscribe it all again despite subs were paid at the beginning of October this year for 12 months. If I tries to re register with my name & postcode this will not be accepted because it’s already registered on their record matched on the system. That is why I still need to get that e-mail account unlocked asap to retrieve the password reset e-mails it’s mostly important for my registered deafblind circumstance that I cannot afford to pay out another £300to £400 to re subscribe it again despite I have already paid for this year at once it’s had been paid for. There is no e-mail or not even any contact us to eg b&q that I have had the difficulty getting the password reset so I had to use b&q private message to request to use the new address as other it’s unavailable that it’s WHY the difficulty that it’s why in-still need to access the old virgin address to get the password web site login reset again & than change it to the new e-mail until they immediately unlock their e-mail server since the malware virus hackers attack took place in October that the reason the se4ver is not recognised the username or password because they have to lock the server for security to protect e-mail users after the username & password had been stolen in the hackers attack, because hacker has got their username & login password that why I cannot get in unless it needs resetting to get them unlocked again to get back to access the e-mail which hadn’t been deleted yet.

It is like a stuck record, just the same thing time and time again.
As for B&Q try https://www.google.com/search?q=b%26q+contact+number&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

1. There should have left to the account e-mail users should have access to delete their own e-mail account of the server from after 90 days or more it’s should be up to a users to delete themselves & not virgin it’s wrong without permission to do so to rightful owner to delete themselves it’s more sensible when no longer needed should be more fairer that way.  It’s not right for virgin to delete them as it’s the own should have access to server to remove the old e-mail in that way it’s safer £ more practical to do it that way.

You had 90 days to do that. you did not. So you are now paying the price of trying to have a freebie email account from Virgin DESPITE no longer being a customer.

I for one, hope you do not get access to your emails now. You do not deserve it.

Again you repeat the mistake, markswebs35.  You do not own the email account.  It is not @markswebs35.com.  It is @virginmedia.com  or one of their other domains, and it belongs only to Virgin Media. 

When you are a customer of Virgin Media you are allowed to use an account @virginmedia.com.  But you decided to leave Virginmedia. They didn't push you out - you chose to leave and give up all the services including their email.  Their email not yours.

If you still feel that you have been badly treated, go ahead and make an official complaint to Virginmedia or CISAS or Ofcom.  You already have all their contact details, but here they are again:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/cisas-online-form/

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markswebs35 wrote:
""it’s should be up to a users to delete themselves & not virgin it’s wrong without permission to do so to rightful owner to delete themselves"

A basic misunderstanding there I'm afraid as @jpeg1 has just said.

Virgin Media are always the rightful owners of all VM addresses as set out in their Terms and Conditions:

"Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, "

I have taken that from their Terms and Conditions document here  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services-pre-o... 

It does not just apply to VM email addresses either. As far as I am aware the legal owner of any email account is the owner of the domain name. So for example, Microsoft for Outlook.com email addresses and Google for Gmail addresses. 

The only way to actually own an email address is to purchase your own domain name and set up an email account or accounts on that domain. In that case legal ownership of the email addresses is yours for the period in which you own the domain name.

Sadly, I am sure this fact will be ignored the same as all the previous replies on this thread. 😕

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@coenoby @jpeg1 @WelshGasman @Sololobo 

Guys, seriously, you are just wasting your time, it was a lost cause two years ago - and it's not going to change now!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You're right, of course.  I really wanted to help the guy but he's just not listening!

Thread now unsubscribed.  😴

- jpeg1