cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server fault?

Markswebs35
Tuning in

Hello,

I am having the E-mail issue despite I’m not a customer with virgin that I have continue using the Virginmedia E-mail addresses for many years. There I have encountered the fault yesterday despite I unable to send E-mail from the @virginmedia.com address despite blueyonder E-mail is still active, but I sent a test e-mail from blueyonder address to the @virginmedia.com address as it’s did not bounced back as it’s was correctly sent to my @virginmedia.com address. I’m sure there is a fault with the server despite cannot get new E-mail or won’t sent that settings & password is all correctly set up. Please could you check the server that I think it’s down for some reason despite its was working yesterday morning as it’s had stopped about noon yesterday. Can you please look into the fault on the server asap that I’ve have very important E-mail that I must get them downloaded straightaway.

70 REPLIES 70

Quite frankly my e-mail account it is STILL. Active & it’s STILL working as I have rang 11 test e-mail thus is still reach the server which hadn’t permanently not on the server as I have no returned undelivered e-mail that for Christ sake that I have a Rights to get hold on my 300 new e-mail it’s still on the ex customer e-mail that I MUST GET THEM ASAP PLEASE you request to have my password reset asap? Quite frankly they shouldn’t have locked my e-mail despite no one did not notify me of the malware abuse last week that I’m so extremely very frustrating so I’m going to contact CISAS to make a formal complaint that there should be allowed ex customer to be able to continue from after 90 days after they left the old provider should be able to get the password reset if there had been used very often like I have been doing all the time every day.

can I have them sorted asap please by resetting urgently please. 

You haven't said if you responded to the Personal Message sent to you by  @John_GS (as posted by him earlier in this thread).

Was he able to help ??

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Markswebs35 your best bet is to repond to the personal message and so if they can help.

Otherwise, by all means call CISAS and see what they say.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

thanks I will do immediately that despite there is several evidence in which ee my mobile network has mentioned the malware alert that ex customer should have been fair to notify them as they had not it’s wrong that why I have not been told despite I’m deafblind that I get nearly 500 e-mail per week that they shouldn’t have locked it in the first place that I’m not very satisfied that there should have left it unlocked to let me continue access my e-mail it’s deem unfair. Thanks for your time as I will get in touch with John in the morning that I will have to look for the old bill with the account number that it was ceased 2 years ago that it’s got to get it right.

thanks for your suggestion.

I hope CISAS will sort this out urgently 

Hello,

yes I have responded to John a few minutes ago that I think it’s extremely ridiculous despite I am registered deafblind ex virginmedia customer that I’ve have a Rights to get the matter sorted because there is hundreds of new e-mail waiting to be downloaded to my computer with huge frustration because there is evidence some body have hacked & locked my e-mail from being accessed at virgin I think one of your employee have illegally locked the server which I am having difficulty trying to fix the problem by changing different port setting and I hadn’t forgot the password. Has one of the employee change the password without my knowledge despite my virginmedia address it’s still active on the locked server?

I have contacted my mobile provider EE they found the information which they have sent to virgin customers & they hadn’t sent to all ex customer from after 90 days from upto 2 years or more it’s should have been notified of the malware alert last week please copy that ee provided here between the line here it’s that true?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to access email account, malware letter

Hi all,

We're aware of an issue where customers emails account may be locked recently and this may be due to our spam and abuse system being updated. If you find yourself unable to log into your email account,please perform a full virus scan on all devices where you have used your email address to prevent your email address and IP address from being picked up by our spam and abuse system.

Once this has been done please also go to this page to perform a password reset using a completely new and unique password.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If you have any issues 30 minutes after trying the password reset method, do post in our email board with what you have tried, the error message and a screenshot (omitting personal information) so we can assist further. 

Thanks

Community Moderators

Edit - We will also be notifying customers with active broadband services via email if their email has been locked due to suspicious activity and it will look like the below:

Sender : internet-security@virginmedia.com.

[IMPORTANT] Virgin Media Alert: Your device may have a malware infection

Your Virgin Media Account number: 

Our reference: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-

A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware

Dear Customer Name,

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

1. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
  2. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure.

After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes.

Please ensure that the above points have been completed to prevent your mailbox from being locked again.

More help and support

For extra advice, or to double-check that this is a genuine Virgin Media communication, head to our community at virginmedia.com/community, click 'Help forum' and join the conversation on the Security Matters board.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to access email account, malware letter

Hi all,

We're aware of an issue where customers emails account may be locked recently and this may be due to our spam and abuse system being updated. If you find yourself unable to log into your email account,please perform a full virus scan on all devices where you have used your email address to prevent your email address and IP address from being picked up by our spam and abuse system.

Once this has been done please also go to this page to perform a password reset using a completely new and unique password.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If you have any issues 30 minutes after trying the password reset method, do post in our email board with what you have tried, the error message and a screenshot (omitting personal information) so we can assist further. 

Thanks

Community Moderators

Edit - We will also be notifying customers with active broadband services via email if their email has been locked due to suspicious activity and it will look like the below:

Sender : internet-security@virginmedia.com.

[IMPORTANT] Virgin Media Alert: Your device may have a malware infection

Your Virgin Media Account number: 

Our reference: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-

A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware

Dear Customer Name,

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

1. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
  2. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure.

After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes.

Please ensure that the above points have been completed to prevent your mailbox from being locked again.

More help and support

For extra advice, or to double-check that this is a genuine Virgin Media communication, head to our community at virginmedia.com/community, click 'Help forum' and join the conversation on the Security Matters board.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

——————————————————————————

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I am rather very angry that I have tried all sort to get the access to my main e-mail that I have a Rights to get them sorted because last Wednesday morning I sent 4 important e-mail by until the last e-mail I received from Amazon at 11:03am as it’s had stopped responding on Wednesday late afternoon when I tried all the devices including the desktop when I gather the error number which it’s disgusting on my disability situation that I’m registered deafblind. If no fix I shall report the matter to CISAS over the breach of letting me access the e-mail account all week which it’s very frustration it’s wrong to lock it.

regards, andrew.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have no broadband with Virgin Media then you have no rights to continue using a Virgin Media email address - plain and simple.

Virgin Media supplied email addresses end 90 days after your contract ends.  The ONLY intentional exception to that rule was the old ADSL customers that were transferred to TalkTalk.  They were given a year instead - That year ended around 2016.

That Virgin Media has been lax in removing customers beyond the 90 day deadline doesn't matter, what matters is that you have no contract with Virgin Media for broadband and thus should have discontinued using their email years ago.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not wrong to lock/delete it at all. ?

You left VM, and had the allowed time to move your email to another provider.

You did nothing. Just because VM is extremely lax in tidying up after themselves, does not mean you get to keep your email address ad infinitum ?

Not often I get to say this, as I can be very critical of VM when called for, but in this I am totally in agreement with them.

The idea of paying a nominal sum each month to keep the email, would be a nice little earner for VM, but they appear to have missed that opportunity.
My sister was was with TalkTalk and moved to another ISP. She pays £5 to keep her TalkTalk email address, just for the convenience of not having to change it everywhere. Otehrwise she was going to lose access to it, just as you have.

As I said above, if you are not happy with the response here take it up with CISAS.  They will tell you that you have no case without a contract. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks I’m still extremely very angry that I feel their have been unfairly treated under the equality act because I am registered Deafblind that I have told both side of virginmedia Twitter virginmedia.ir despite I cannot find the uk virginmedia.uk it not available that I think it’s should be available on the uk virginmedia uk web site. Thank you so much for locking my e-mail account it is extremely ridiculous that they shouldn’t have done it’s wrong that why I cannot get in to web mail no cannot get in to get password reset to what I think it’s should be allowed disabled people to have full access to their e-mail without the contract despite of their disability it’s should have the option to pay a small fee eg £5 or £10 per month without the broadband or mobile service being provided yo enabled blind or Deafblind customers or ex customers be protected from being locked out by them it’s illegal so o going to make the formal to CISAS asap. Thanks for all the problem you have caused of stopping me getting that e-mail thank you very much I’m still very extremely very angry it’s disgustingly ridiculous.

My understanding of The Equality Act is that it makes it unlawful to discriminate against someone on the grounds of any of these characteristics:
age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion/belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation.

The act doesn't state that those with a disability are entitled to any sort of preferential treatment, merely that they are treated exactly the same as everybody else.

You are experiencing exactly what happens to all customers who no longer have a Virgin Media broadband account, the loss of any associated services such as email.

I understand your frustration, it's the same as experienced by many others, but it's not down to you being discriminated against.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.