Menu
phunt110
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sent emails staying in outbox on HTC M9

For the past few weeks, whenever i send an email from my HTC M9 using the mail app, the email gets sent but gives me an error saying "emails not sent" but the email stays in the outbox and keeps sending it until i delete it from the outbox, even though the email has been sent and received.

Everything works fine on outlook just on on my phone mail app. This is happening with ntlworld.com and virginmedia.com email accounts. 

Anyone having the same issue or know how to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sent emails staying in outbox on HTC M9

And what did you make of the reply in this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-stuck-in-outbox/m-p/3933974#M169648

when you posed exactly the same question?

It would have been helpful to have mentioned it. My initial reaction that you were duplicating posts but I understand you were asked to start your own thread.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML wrote:
And what did you make of the reply in this thread:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-stuck-in-outbox/m-p/3933974#M169648
when you posed exactly the same question?
You know the rules about making duplicate posts?

I am slightly embarrassed here Howard.

The OP in the original thread that you have linked to had a completely different problem to Phunt110 and I did say to Phunt110 in my post that he should really have started a new thread. Smiley Indifferent

I have given him kudos for that - I think he has done the right thing.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
phunt110
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @howardml

The thread I commented on previously did not help and I was told to write a new post regarding my issue which is why I have posted my issue today as a new one. 

Apologies but I have not deliberately posted a duplicate post. I really need help with my email issue .

Thanks  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

MY main issue is that he did not reference the previous discussion which I had to find. I have edited my comments to remove any cause for embarrassment.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@phunt110 wrote:

@howardml

Apologies but I have not deliberately posted a duplicate post. I really need help with my email issue .

No need to apologise. You now have a thread which is specifically about the issue that you are seeing.

Sorry if my suggestions did not help. The thing is what you are seeing is a problem with the email app you are using rather than a problem with the VM email service itself. As you say, everything is fine when you use Outlook.

Now that you have a specific thread, hopefully another poster on this forum will have seen a similar issue.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@phunt110 wrote:

I really need help with my email issue

Here is a link to the user forum dealing with android issues. You will see I have made a search for 'Outbox' and a quick scan through revealed a few people with similar issues to yours but no solution. https://androidforums.com/search/25459044/?q=outbox&o=relevance

Here is the link to the homepage https://androidforums.com/

I don't know if you have looked there? You could do worse than ask your question there.

Coenoby

0 Kudos