cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent emails containing hyperlink blocked by VM

glenstevens1
Joining in

I wonder if someone can help please?

When I send emails on Outlook (both on my PC and mobile phone), these include an email signature which contains a hyperlink for my website. Over the last 3 days emails I have sent have bounced back, with a message saying there is spam content. I spent some time online with a Microsoft technician and we eventually discovered it was the hyperlink within the email signature that was causing the issue. This was evidenced as when I send an email from VM's webmail it was sending fine, as there is no email signature on those emails. We removed the hyperlink from the Outlook email signature and they now send fine. However I need the website link in the signature. How can I resolve this issue as it is plainly something at VM that is preventing these emails being sent. Replies to my earlier emails containing the full signature & hyperlink are being sent to the VM spam folder on webmail.  

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Perhaps not the answer you were seeking, but had you considered using an outlook.com address instead of the Virgin one? 

From the number of problems being reported on here, and clues that Virgin may be about to drop the email service altogether, this may be a good time to start the move. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do heed jpeg1 good advice as should you terminated your Virgin Media broadband service all its associated email accounts will be permanently deleted 90 days later or anytime thereafter without notice.

Issue with URL had been flagged to the forum team as they are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours or days to respond.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @glenstevens1 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues sending emails with your signature in them.  And for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R