Menu
RH1066
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sent emails but not by me!

Hi 

Hoping someone can advise?  when I check my sent emails folder I notice that about once a month an email to "bounces+218173.26071389.320954@icpbounce.com " has been sent.  There is no content to the email.  I am assuming my account has been "spoofed", but can anyone confirm that this is the likely explanation?  Secondly, is there any way to stop this?  I have changed my password to very strong, and I don't access my emails over public wifi anymore.  Hasn't worked though.  Is there anything else I can do?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sent emails but not by me!

No this is not due to spoofing.

Do you recall unsubscribing from any mailing list emails received around the date of the sent email to icpbounce.com?

0 Kudos
RH1066
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  Yes, I have unsubscribed, I don't recall doing this on the most recent date though.  Do you think this is nothing to worry about then?

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is likely to be nothing to worry about but due to the lack of certainty with correlating receipt with unsubscribe events consider contacting iContact to verify.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If these mails are ending up in your sent folder then that would suggest that an email client configured with IMAP has sent them.

Now even if the mails have no content, many mail clients will still add a User-Agent: header when sending an email - for example here's one from Thunderbird:

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101

So I'd start by looking at the email in webmail and use "View source" to actually have a look at the headers of the sent mail.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.