I do not get delivery error messages

What's wrong?????

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending ntlworld email to gmail

Without more information it's hard to even guess.

How are you sending, through Webmail or with an email client such as outlook/thunderbird etc?

Have you had them check their spam folders?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gizmouk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I use Thunderbird under Linux Mint. I have tried this and webmail services for the ntlworld email, same result, the messages vanish into thin air....

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Gizmouk wrote:

I use Thunderbird under Linux Mint. I have tried this and webmail services for the ntlworld email, same result, the messages vanish into thin air....

I have just tested to see if there is a general issue with ntlworld emails not arriving in Gmail.

I sent one test message from my ntlworld address using VM Webmail to my Gmail account  and a second test message using the same ntlworld address but sent from Outlook 365.

Both messages arrived in my Gmail inbox almost instantly.

One possibility is that your emails are being caught by a filter or an autoforward set up in the recipient's Gmail account.

If you are experiencing emails going missing with a number of Gmail users it seems unlikely they would all have similar filters set but it still might be worth checking with them whether they have any filters or autoforwards in their Gmail account.

You said "emails from my ntlworld email ID to people who use gmail email IDs.None of these arrive." Are there any Gmail accounts that do receive your emails?

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Gizmouk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well!

This is weird..... my principal gmail contact just sent me an email to say he'd received a pile of emails going back weeks from me...

It's enough to make me take up religion.....

Thanks for your replies - it looks like another miracle!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would be fascinating to analyse the email headers for this 'pile of emails'.  The headers should hold the key to where they have been.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped